Set Up help requested...

Reaction score
About ready to launch my P3P for the first time, requesting feedback and pointers to ensure 'my house' is in order. Here are my concerns:
1- First time IMU Cal - I'm within 0.5 degree on both planes. Is that good enough?
2- Compass Cal - should I wait till o get onsite, or cal at home? I'm traveling less than 50 miles for a first launch...
3- FIRMWARE!!! Ive seen and read all the horror stories, as well as, the good news stories (hat tip to msinger!). I'm not sure which version I downloaded in very early spring 2017, but I never flashed to AC or RC (the .bin file is on my SD). Should I get the most up-to-date and flash it???
4- caching maps to an nVidia K1. I haven't a clue..

My setup is a P3P with nVidia K1, with the option of running iphone6 now that I've got an unlimited data plan with my cell provider.

All links are welcomed and will be thoroughly researched. I'm def willing to do my homework before launching my bird (not asking y'all to to my homework for me, but your expertise and guidance is certainly appreciated)!!!

Thanks!
WS65

1- First time IMU Cal - I'm within 0.5 degree on both planes. Is that good enough?
That sounds good to me.
2- Compass Cal - should I wait till o get onsite, or cal at home? I'm traveling less than 50 miles for a first launch.
If your first calibration is good, you should be good to go!
3- FIRMWARE!!! Ive seen and read all the horror stories, as well as, the good news stories (hat tip to msinger!). I'm not sure which version I downloaded in very early spring 2017, but I never flashed to AC or RC (the .bin file is on my SD). Should I get the most up-to-date and flash it???
Try the AC as is first. Updates are optional as you know. If it flies great, don't change it. IMO.
4- caching maps to an nVidia K1. I haven't a clue.

All you have to do to cache maps is to use your device connected to the internet, zoom in and out on where you want to fly then turn off the Wi-Fi. They will be cached for you flight.

Good Luck!!!

About ready to launch my P3P for the first time, requesting feedback and pointers to ensure 'my house' is in order. Here are my concerns:
2- Compass Cal - should I wait till o get onsite, or cal at home? I'm traveling less than 50 miles for a first launch...
4- caching maps to an nVidia K1. I haven't a clue..

My setup is a P3P with nVidia K1, with the option of running iphone6 now that I've got an unlimited data plan with my cell provider.

All links are welcomed and will be thoroughly researched. I'm def willing to do my homework before launching my bird (not asking y'all to to my homework for me, but your expertise and guidance is certainly appreciated)!!!

Thanks!
WS65
If you are still interested, click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers sir!

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl