Serious RTH firmware bug, are you seeing it?

Happened to me. (Just posted a threat called "Lost faith in RTH function"
Mine climbed to 120m where it said "maximum height reached" Being a nuub I cancelled and manually brought it home. [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The altitude reached in the RTH exceeds the maximum altitude set in the software !

For my case, then activation of the RTH the drone is mounted once at 163 meters, and another 220 meters, knowing that the altitude set for WHR was 30 meters, and the altitude maximum 120 meter

The altitude reached in the RTH exceeds the maximum altitude set in the software !

For my case, then activation of the RTH the drone is mounted once at 163 meters, and another 220 meters, knowing that the altitude set for WHR was 30 meters, and the altitude maximum 120 meter

Thank you. That is info I asked for.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you. Does this mean the bird will climb to 150m and then RTH?
Yes, unless you cancel RTH, or stop the ascent, while still maintaing stick control during RTH. Most importantly, it will never climb higher than your set 150m during RTH, as long as you never fly higher than 150m above your launch point, and normally fly up to 400 feet. If you want to keep it at 400 feet, set it to 120m. The advantage of setting it higher than 120m is for loss of signal RTH. That extra 30m gives you an opportunity to recover signal by briefly elevating, even if flying at 400 feet, and you can then continue on by canceling RTH, and adjusting your flight direction or orientation to maintain signal at or below 400 feet.

Has anybody seen a resolution to this problem? Just today I had a flight out to about 5000 feet away and hit the return to home function and mine did exactly the same behavior. Maximum height set at 400 feet, return home height set to 200 feet. Both showed they were successfully recorded by the P4P+. The bird gained altitude consistently until it was over 637 feet in the air while returning to home. It then started to descend and landed normally. I have done 48 flights and have never experienced the bird defying the return to home settings or maximum altitude parameters. Very very scary.

Has anybody seen a resolution to this problem? Just today I had a flight out to about 5000 feet away and hit the return to home function and mine did exactly the same behavior. Maximum height set at 400 feet, return home height set to 200 feet. Both showed they were successfully recorded by the P4P+. The bird gained altitude consistently until it was over 637 feet in the air while returning to home. It then started to descend and landed normally. I have done 48 flights and have never experienced the bird defying the return to home settings or maximum altitude parameters. Very very scary.

Nothing scary about it, as long as you know, and use the workaround. Clearly, no matter what your setings were, you were flying above your set RTH height. Don't do that! Either stay below 200 feet, or raise your RTH to your maximum height setting. Problem solved. QED.

Of course, like you I encounter the same concern as I mentioned above !
RTH at 220 meters and another one at 163 meters (RTH Height 30 meters and max 120 meters - In France the prohibits to fly beyond 150 meters)

Today, according to the information available to me here in France, the service R&D of DJI "discovers" (sic !) the problem ! Personally as much, I realized that as soon as the first RTH !

DJI promises that a next system update will remedy this serious malfunction
However, we can also suspect a design issue of the drone, and in particular of the sensors..... to follow...

I have two questions :
That so did the beta testers who DJI lends or gives drones, except make the smoking on Youtube and make money ?

How is it that DJI has put on sale a drone with such a bug ?

Sorry for these two controversial issues, but in view of the seriousness of this bug, I feel entitled to ask

Of course, like you I encounter the same concern as I mentioned above !
RTH at 220 meters and another one at 163 meters (RTH Height 30 meters and max 120 meters - In France the prohibits to fly beyond 150 meters)

Today, according to the information available to me here in France, the service R&D of DJI "discovers" (sic !) the problem ! Personally as much, I realized that as soon as the first RTH !

DJI promises that a next system update will remedy this serious malfunction
However, we can also suspect a design issue of the drone, and in particular of the sensors..... to follow...

I have two questions :
That so did the beta testers who DJI lends or gives drones, except make the smoking on Youtube and make money ?

How is it that DJI has put on sale a drone with such a bug ?

Sorry for these two controversial issues, but in view of the seriousness of this bug, I feel entitled to ask
Early adopters are always, by nature, the final Beta testers. If you want a bug free, mature product, wait until 6 months after release.

Bugs happen in technology such as this. It is what it is. And DJI said quite a while ago it will be fixed in a firmware update. Probably the next update.

Bugs happen in technology such as this. It is what it is. And DJI said quite a while ago it will be fixed in a firmware update. Probably the next update.

When they return from CES2017 maybe [emoji6]

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Honestly I thought they had pods to sleep in!!!

That's the iOS programmers. The Android programmers only get sleeping bags!

Last edited:
Ha ha, and a shoe lace for the eyes [emoji24]

It seems to have paid to have a finished product, and not a prototype

The subject is closed
This is a finished product. Unless you expect a finished product to never have any issue whatsoever. In which case, no technology product on the planet is a finished product by your definition

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello