Serious RTH firmware bug, are you seeing it?

Where it is documented ? Which page ?
Of course, the manual indicates that you can at any time take control of the drone... but it is not the problem
I speak about a little action on left stick only when the aircraft goes up during a RTH
This prevents the drone to mount and so it retains the correct altitude
You stay in automatic flight

Last edited:
RTH is an automatic procedure during which nobody is supposed to manually use the left stick
You are probably an expert of pilotage which always knows back to base manually
But everyone isn't like you, you don't have to give flying lessons
Humility is the first quality of a pilot

Now you understand ?
I'm not an expert. I simply read the manual. If you had read the manual you would have seen the section where it says you can control the height during RTH with the left stick. So to say "nobody is supposed to manually use the left stick" during RTH is completely false.

Reactions: Jmichel33
I'm not an expert. I simply read the manual. If you had read the manual you would have seen the section where it says you can control the height during RTH with the left stick. So to say "nobody is supposed to manually use the left stick" during RTH is completely false.

Completely false !!???
Smart RTH is an automatic procedure

Where it is documented ? Which page ?
Of course, the manual indicates that you can at any time take control of the drone... but it is not the problem
I speak about a little action on left stick only when the aircraft goes up during a RTH
This prevents the drone to mount and so it retains the correct altitude
You stay in automatic flight

Page 18

by any chance was the RTH flight path just the reverse of its outbound flight.
In other words when you were flying further out... did you fly there at the high altitude then descend to 80 and hit rth - was the bird retracing her flight back is what i am saying...

by any chance was the RTH flight path just the reverse of its outbound flight.
In other words when you were flying further out... did you fly there at the high altitude then descend to 80 and hit rth - was the bird retracing her flight back is what i am saying...
That's not what is happening here.

In fact, you have nothing including the bug of this RTH crazy !

What is indicated on page 18 is only valid when you are flying at a lower height than what is set in the RTH to avoid the drone goes up at this altitude

The reality is when you operate the RTH there where there is exactly a bug, it's the drone rises substantially above this altitude RTH regardless of the altitude at which you fly when you operate a RTH

In what I have seen, and I'm not the only one, during a RTH, the drone reached its altitude selected for the RTH mode, and suddenly starts to go up without reason, as if the sky, clouds or Sun were obstacles that the drone seeks to avoid

Can anyone else confirm the claim that the RTH bug is still triggered when flying below your set RTH elevation, and causes it to rise to the hardware set ceiling of 500m, before returning towards home?

I have seen one or two claims of this happening, but have not seen the actual DAT or TXT files for those flights to confirm.

Ya know i was coming back from a distance run and wanted to see what this rth bug was all about sure enough it does go above rth set altitude def a bug but like gg sd there is one workaround with setting altitude higher ....another workaround for me is to just watch height and if it starts to climb, i just simply slowly descend or try to maintain that same height. Rth still brings me home regardless of fudging with throttle down....i can see though for an inexperienced pilot or newb how this could scare the crap out of u...lol probably think its a fly away. Hopefully dji addresses these fw bugs

Ya know i was coming back from a distance run and wanted to see what this rth bug was all about sure enough it does go above rth set altitude def a bug but like gg sd there is one workaround with setting altitude higher ....another workaround for me is to just watch height and if it starts to climb, i just simply slowly descend or try to maintain that same height. Rth still brings me home regardless of fudging with throttle down....i can see though for an inexperienced pilot or newb how this could scare the crap out of u...lol probably think its a fly away. Hopefully dji addresses these fw bugs
The real risk is that the buggy ascension to up to 500m and subsequent descent from 500m over the Home Point kills the battery somewhere along the RTH route, forcing a landing in unknown territory or over water. It also will significantly prolong signal restoration, if the reason for RTH is loss of control signal at the edge of control. Climbing to 500m just increases the distance away. Not to mention the risk of autonomous flight 1250 feet above the 400 foot FAA AGL ceiling! It's a real problem, and the interim safety workaround of never flying higher than your set RTH should be clearly posted, much like a manufacturing defect requiring notification of every purchaser. If anyone needs a defect to justify returning their aircraft, this is it.:cool:

I totally agree gg....this is something dji has to get on ....kind of top priority. I wont be doing anything distance anyway for awhile until a few bugs and rth is squashed. ....i can only imagine have 20% left and the **** thing is ascending....all while praying u make it home to begin with:)

I confirm RTH bug is not there anymore. I did Failsafe RTH to Home Point from 4.000ft distance and @ 400ft altitude with RTH altitude set at 200ft. Aircraft stayed at 400ft until over Home Point.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna