Seriosuly got bit by the bug

Reaction score
What's up all - I've been an R/C geek since the mid 80's and used to be a slave to my parents and extended family for work to get cash to dump into my Team Associated RC10, RC10T, RC10L. I was an expert solderer by the time I was in 5th grade... I dabbled in gliders but nothing crazy.

I have always wanted a tiny helicopter since they came out but I never saw one that I liked that was that right price and I really didnt want to pay $100 for one that I was going to ruin.

My wife knows me better than I know myself and she picked up a Propel Zipp Nano from Costco a few weeks ago and since then I have been flying it pretty much every single time it's done charging.
I had an insane 'hero save' during thanksgiving when I was flying it for my nieces. The wind got a hold of it outside and I was totally convinced that it was lost. The dammed thing was so far away, I could hardly see it. I CANNOT believe that it was still within range - it must have been at least three blocks away, maybe more.
Either way, I somehow managed to fight it back to where we were.

I have started a total quad-craze in my office and about half of the people i work with have bought micro's and have air fights.

I'm picking up a Phantom 3 tomorrow and CANNOT wait to get it up in the air.

Anyways, I'm here to learn and man do I have a lot to learn....

cheers

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome, yes we all know the feeling,first thing in the morning, open the curtains, look at the weather, look at the trees for wind etc and plan your day, and then work gets in the way. Oh well.

Welcome, yes we all know the feeling,first thing in the morning, open the curtains, look at the weather, look at the trees for wind etc and plan your day, and then work gets in the way. Oh well.

Yeah that work thing gets to be a real pain but then who is paying for all the drones and motorcycles etc...?

:D

Yeah that work thing gets to be a real pain but then who is paying for all the drones and motorcycles etc...?

:D
Yes, got to work to afford all our toys, sorry not toys, educational photographic equipment to explore our natural hidden artistic inner self. Anyway that is my excuse to the wife every time I upgrade.

Yes, got to work to afford all our toys, sorry not toys, educational photographic equipment to explore our natural hidden artistic inner self. Anyway that is my excuse to the wife every time I upgrade.

This has been tough for me recently as I'm jumping from a Micro quad to a P3, but my reasoning to her was that I'm just skipping the middle quadcopter! Im saving us money!

The only person she has to blame is herself...she bought it for me....

Reactions: Jayfdee
Welcome to the forum eatpasta .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Welcome to the forum eatpasta .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Sounds like I found the perfect forum!!

:tongueclosed:

I am here mostly to learn but have a lot to bring to the table in the photo/video department as I was a film editor for 12+ years in Los Angeles.

I CANNOT wait to get up and filming on this thing!

Reactions: dirkclod
Like my wife tells me, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

Reactions: Wpollard
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

well - I got it..

Second hand Phantom 3 Standard. very clean and looks like it wasnt used very much. A good deal at $280

Got lots of reading to do but will hopefully get it into the air this weekend (if my wife lets me borrow her phone)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers