Sequoia in phantom 4 PRO

Whats your real question? Details please.

Reactions: John Locke
Hi, we have a parrot sequoia, and we are having problems to mount it into a phantom 4 pro. My question is, is it possible the mounting? Is there any solution? I cant find anything in google. Sorry for my english and thanks for the help

Parrot SEQUOIA
According to the Parrot site, it should work on anything that can carry it. But I doubt it will interface with the Phantom. You probably will have to view it through a Wi-Fi app. Just guessing.

If you did install it successfully, do you know what s/w you're going to use to keep track of the photos? The drone s/w needs to be tied into the camera somehow to keep track of where each photo is taken in the field, otherwise when you start looking at photos you will have no way to know where you are, if you see a growth problem in the crop. With that Parrott Sequoia it won't tie into anything on a Phantom using the USB, to my knowledge. You certainly won't see the Sequoia camera view through your iPad/Android screen. Most farmers are using NDVI cameras on their phantom and using software from Drone Deploy to keep track of location. I haven't used DroneDeploy myself, but I hear a lot of good things about it.

Hey there @Leester we had the same problem and designed a 3D printed mount that has worked very well. It's available now at

Parrot Sequoia mount for Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro | ZCopters

@John Locke one of the good things of the Sequoia is you don't need any interface to the Phantom, as long as the camera is powered (which we do with an external battery) the camera uses GPS to trigger pictures and to georeference them

DSC00221-600x600.jpg

Reactions: axelz
Looks good - does it affect the flight times much?

Any weight you add will reduce flight time and the more weight you add the shorter the flight time. As a rough rule of thumb ... take your current expected flight time then multiply that by: original ready to fly weight divided by the sum of the original weight plus the added weight. So, for example, if the original ready to fly weight is, say, 1400g and the added weight of the Parrot Sequoia is, say, 100g then you could expect the flight time to be about 0.933 of the original. I should hasten to add that this is an approximation but a decent one.

1400/(1400+100) = 0.933

Brian

Josealb, do you have problems with the added weight on the phantom from carrying the sensors and battery? I have basically the same set up as the one you shared and when I tried landing my drone the first time it plummeted from about 10 feet and crashed. Also during the flight it struggles to hold elevation and will fluctuate about 5 feet up or down. I am guessing it is because the mount sits underneath the drone where the sensors for elevation are but I am just wondering if you or anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Another thing was on both the PIX 4d app and Drone Deploy the drone takes off and goes to the first way point at the set speed but then once it starts flying the path the drone flies extremely slow, like 1 foot per second. Im guessing the problem is the added weight because the drone flies the paths normally without the set up for the sequoia but Im not sure.

Josealb, do you have problems with the added weight on the phantom from carrying the sensors and battery? I have basically the same set up as the one you shared and when I tried landing my drone the first time it plummeted from about 10 feet and crashed. Also during the flight it struggles to hold elevation and will fluctuate about 5 feet up or down. I am guessing it is because the mount sits underneath the drone where the sensors for elevation are but I am just wondering if you or anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Another thing was on both the PIX 4d app and Drone Deploy the drone takes off and goes to the first way point at the set speed but then once it starts flying the path the drone flies extremely slow, like 1 foot per second. Im guessing the problem is the added weight because the drone flies the paths normally without the set up for the sequoia but Im not sure.

BobC wow that sucks, how much extra weight did you put on it? Do you have any pictures of the setup? It never happened to us with our mount.
It flies so slowly because it thinks it's about to land, you need to disable the VPS Sensor in the DJI GO 4 app, that solves the problem completely.
What I did notice is the drone is less stable than before, obviously the PIDs are not setup for this, and you can notice it when it's windy and you are about to land, but it was never to the point where I though there was danger of crashing.

Hi all,

I need urgent help with the Phantom 4 Pro +Parrot Sequoia

I have mounted the Sequoia camera on the Phantom 4 Pro drone. I took the images over a homogeneous bare soil surface, but the images have different light intensity. Especially when I processed the RGB images in Pix4DMapper to correct or balance the brightness, the orthophoto still came out really bad with different brightness. The NDVI from the multispectrals looks very bad even in regions where there shouldnt high NDVI values.

Please see the attached file, quality report from pix4Dmapper.

Is there any setting on the Sequoia that I can do to prevent capturing these poor quality images?

Attachments

• plot1_16_may_2020_report.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 200
Hey there @Leester we had the same problem and designed a 3D printed mount that has worked very well. It's available now at

@John Locke one of the good things of the Sequoia is you don't need any interface to the Phantom, as long as the camera is powered (which we do with an external battery) the camera uses GPS to trigger pictures and to georeference them

DSC00221-600x600.jpg

Hi,

I need urgent help with the Phantom 4 Pro +Parrot Sequoia

I have mounted the Sequoia camera on the Phantom 4 Pro drone. I took the images over a homogeneous bare soil surface, but the images have different light intensity. Especially when I processed the RGB images in Pix4DMapper to correct or balance the brightness, the orthophoto still came out really bad with different brightness. The NDVI from the multispectrals looks very bad even in regions where there shouldnt high NDVI values.

Is there any setting on the Sequoia that I can do to prevent capturing these poor quality images?

DSC00221-600x600.jpg
Did you encountered any interference issues?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20