Sell P4 original for Mavic Pro??!

Reaction score
hey guys what’s going on,,

So I’m thinking of selling my original p4 with batteries polar pro filters etc and getting a Mavic Pro?

I’m stuck and I decided so I thought I’d ask your thoughts and pros and cons etc

The one pro which is the reason I started thinking about this is when I travel the mavic can go in my camera bag unlike my p4 which has its on bag full of stuff lol

One con is I love flying my p4 with my iPad mini I think you can get tablet extenders for the mavic but is it the same?

Daz

Hi Dazzauk
Well I think you nailed it on the head, the Mavic pro is ultra-portable, not much bigger in the carry case than my DSLR camera.
The imaging capability of the MP is in the same ball park as the P4.
There are many extenders available for the MP's controller, I have several different ones that I use with my iPad air 2 and my Nvidia Shield.
Here is one example:-
Buy PGYTECH Mavic/Spark Tablet Holder

Good luck
Waylander

One con is I love flying my p4 with my iPad mini I think you can get tablet extenders for the mavic but is it the same?
While I personally found this makes the remote controller a bit awkward to hold, it is possible to insert an iPad Mini into the Mavic Pro remote controller arms like this:

1 JQnHEl2E9q4C95l2YxmkXg.jpeg

Reactions: Dazzauk
I can imagine that’s a little arkward to fly smoothly lol. I have seen some mounts etc that place the iPad high they look fairly decent.

The Mavic is basically like the Phantom 4 in a smaller package. The camera on the Mavic has a narrower field of view.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl