Sell NOW or Lose Everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sbjr0203 said:
So based on this analogy, I should sell my vehicles too?? All around the world there are accidents some due to manufacturing defects.

I sold everything, just sitting on a pillow in the middle of my apartment, using a friends phone to type this...

Mods should delete this thread. The OP just trolls this forum posting stupid/offensive comments. As much as I wish it was true, I've no doubt that his story about losing Phantoms is pure fiction.

Oh Dave - (my eyes have just rolled into the back of my head and I am speaking in a very deep and mysterious voice)

"You must look deep, deep into this experience. You must be strong and brave. Let your tears be your absolution. Let this become a transformation experience! Don't you know? It is better to have flown and lost than to never have flown at all. Haven't you learned this? Didn't your parents teach this to you as a pup?

This was a sign. It was a sign from Hermes, the Greek God of winged sandals. He took it from you. He took it from you because you said, "Who cares" to an innocent. But it wasn't vindictive, Dave. It was a lesson. Hermes took your Phantoms from you to teach you. And if you reflect hard enough, you will understand the meaning of his actions.

But be warned, oh Dave of the Motor City. If you do not learn your lesson, Hermes has been known to, without warning, drop flightless Phantoms on guilty heads, causing severe intracranial injury and facial lacerations. It would do you best to pause and reflect."

Wow - that just came to me in a vision!

Skyjunkie said:
Wow - that just came to me in a vision!

This is the Vision Plus forum ;)

Thanks for all the support guys. I really want to buy another quad, but I just can't pull the trigger. After what happened and all. I had a few mini quads from Amazon and they were fun too.

DavesMotorCity said:
I had a flyaway last week. I calibrated, I flew carefully and the bird just took off on me. This isn't my first loss.

I was a dronefly.com preorder on the original phantom vision. I received a dud, took 4 weeks to get a replacement. That one was a dud, another 4 weeks for replacement. Than after 3 weeks with it, in December she went down after the battery went from 87% to 15% in a heartbeat. I couldn't get it back in time as she was 300m out and it auto descended into a tree branch and fell and smashed almost hitting a guy in the park.

I was than stupid enough to get the plus. I had it with no issue for 2 months, very gently and carefully used. All of a sudden for no reason it drifted off into the horizon on me. I tried to follow it as long as I could. Got in my car, ran red lights as it left the park I was flying. I lost sight of her, did an app gps search it showed the home point.

I'm going to be honest, I cried. I had just lost 2 drones about $2500. I work hard for my money I only earn $14 an hour as a home health aide. Guys please sell. You had fun, don't wait until it crashes or flies away. It's such a bad feeling. Please sell.

If you cant afford to lose it then dont buy one. Its as simple as that. $14.00 and hour is not a lot. Im sure you work hard but you should have put more thought into what you spend your money on. Especially two!!!

harbourside said:
Cool story bro, but I will keep mine if its all the same to you.
I have had zero defects or problems partly due to downloading and reading the manual a week before buying the Phantom.

This is what i did and ive read it about 12 times. Never had a problem. I keep a copy on my phone and in the bathroom next to the toilet.

DavesMotorCity said:
I had a flyaway last week. I calibrated, I flew carefully and the bird just took off on me. This isn't my first loss.

I was a dronefly.com preorder on the original phantom vision. I received a dud, took 4 weeks to get a replacement. That one was a dud, another 4 weeks for replacement. Than after 3 weeks with it, in December she went down after the battery went from 87% to 15% in a heartbeat. I couldn't get it back in time as she was 300m out and it auto descended into a tree branch and fell and smashed almost hitting a guy in the park.

I was than stupid enough to get the plus. I had it with no issue for 2 months, very gently and carefully used. All of a sudden for no reason it drifted off into the horizon on me. I tried to follow it as long as I could. Got in my car, ran red lights as it left the park I was flying. I lost sight of her, did an app gps search it showed the home point.

I'm going to be honest, I cried. I had just lost 2 drones about $2500. I work hard for my money I only earn $14 an hour as a home health aide. Guys please sell. You had fun, don't wait until it crashes or flies away. It's such a bad feeling. Please sell.

Troll? Has to be right?
No mention of home insurance claim?
Didn't add address on the new unit?

There are so many ways to try to protect this expensive toy. RC crash & fly away is part of this hobby.

Why am I a troll? I'm looking for support from my fellow fliers. I sure miss the night time lights in the sky

Reread your OP.

Not looking for support, looking like you need attention, big difference.

You have not asked for any support so I'm not sure what you are thanking us for. You tell us how you lost 2 Phantoms, how little money you earn and then have the audacity to tell us to sell our Phantoms! Whats that all about? This is ridiculous. This thread has out lived itself. Done.

I've found out the hard way that you have a very good chance, no matter how gentle and careful you are with your bird, that's it will end with you out $1300

DavesMotorCity said:
I've found out the hard way that you have a very good chance, no matter how gentle and careful you are with your bird, that's it will end with you out $1300
Sorry I do NOT have a 'good chance'... you are now sounding even more trollish. I fly carefully following a strict routine, flight prep, and post flight maintenance. Most people have positive experience of their craft. You certainly have a right to share your experience but no right to put statements like that over on anyone else...Oh yes, I did say I'm done.

tizzl10 said:
So you ran red lights risking other people's lives so you could save your phantom. bravo.

Not to burst your bubble of internet moral superiority, but it's possible to run red lights without risking people's lives.

IrishSights said:
DavesMotorCity said:
Sorry I do NOT have a 'good chance'... you are now sounding even more trollish. I fly carefully following a strict routine, flight prep, and post flight maintenance. Most people have positive experience of their craft. You certainly have a right to share your experience but no right to put statements like that over on anyone else...Oh yes, I did say I'm done.
My brother flyer, you have called me a troll again I don't understand why. I lost 2 birds, I lost $2500. I was very gentle every flight, always compass calibration, never a hard landing. What happened to me, if it happened to you, would have resulted with you losing your bird aswell. I'm sure you fly out around 300m, maybe more. What would YOU do if your battery went from 87% to around 16% and it was trying to auto land? Yes you can keep it in the air by applying full throttle, but how do you get it up over obstacles, avoid buildings or bushes or trees, and everything else you are encountering while flying 300m away? Whilst I have many flight under my belt, as I said I was a dronefly preorder which means I'm in this sport many months, I lost my beloved bird. I than had a random flyaway in GPS mode, I switched to attitude mode nothing happen. I went to fail safe nothing, I turned the remote off nothing changed. She floated away, to my horror. I switched the app eventually to find my phantom, and I get the home point. I had no way to even look for the wreckage.

All I ask is that you show some compassion, I'm one of you. This could happen to you on your next flight and than you will feel how I feel. And. I bet you would wanna warn the other members.

All I ask is that you show some compassion, I'm one of you. This could happen to you on your next flight and than you will feel how I feel.

That's why we fly.

Michigan_PI said:
You could have put a GPS locator/tracker on your bird. That seems to alleviate any possibility of a fly-away.
I never like to add anything that isn't DJI approved. For all we know, those GPS trackers could throw the weight off and get the IMU to act crazy. I would think maybe you would get some kind of interference ? I dunno man, I just read many many stories right here on this forum about how many guys have lost there birds. I can't risk $1300 of my hard earned money anymore. I had my fun with it, I got plenty of great footage but now I'm done

I have yet to hear of ONE fly-away that happened with a bird equipped with a tracker.
So with that logic, GPS trackers must prevent fly-aways.
There is plenty of data regarding trackers/locators and literally thousands of flight hours with tracker equipped birds and not one reported issue.
-Do your research
-Be a contributor to the group, not a drain on it
-Don't ask for compassion unless you give it to others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues