Seeing the blades

Here are some things you can do:
  • Fly slower
  • Fly backwards
  • Point the camera down a little bit

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Flying slow is one way... angling the camera slightly down is another.

It's harder with prop guards

Why in some videos do we see the blades? How can this be avoided?
I actually like seeing my props in-shot sometimes. It's all very reassuring to know that they're still there - well, at the front, at least..... :)

But seriously - yes, follow the tips above.... (and 'Welcome!' by the way.... :))

You're welcome..

I am a new pilot as well and got some fantastic tips from many of the great members here.

1. read the manual....a few times.... there is a lot to get acquainted with and learn
2. practice.... different techniques will hone your skills... figure 8's are challenging at the beginning
3. adjust your sticks up. raise the sticks for a smoother transition in all movements
4. EXP and GAIN settings should be lowered for smooth movements as well.

In addition to the above, if you feel that your clip needs to show faster movement, don't fly as fast (which leans the props into the shot), simply fly slower and speed up the play back in post production.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! Yes the above pointers are spot on.

Also try not to fly in same direction as the sun as it will cause flickering shadows on the screenn

Because the Phantom flies forward by tilting nose down and going faster by tilting more.
In P-GPS mode the max tilt angle is 25°.
If your Phantom is tilted that much and your camera is aimed parallel to the horizon with a very wide angled lens, the props will intrude into the field of view of the lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1