Second Flight.... any pointers?

Reaction score
Second day of having P3 and second flight. What I found during this flight is :

1. Having 1 battery SUCKS !!!
2. It is not easy to do fly-around, smooth camera action while maneuvering the machine is a TASK.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Slow and steady to become familiar with the P3 is my best advice. I am 9 flights in (1 hour flight time) and I am just now becoming somewhat comfortable with the controls.

Reactions: ru55ian
I finally had my first flight today and never really understood a lot of things on this forum until I flew today. Flying is easy but seeing in the sun on the iPad is very hard without a shade. I bought a shade and should have next week sometime.

One of my videos isn't the greatest since I changed some settings on the camera accidentally when I was trying to make the camera go up and down.

If scared at any time, just remove hands from controller and phantom 3 stops and stays in place. So nice.

The return to home is a little scary when it is coming back and looks like it is going to fly over your head but lands exactly where it should.

The P3 flies awesome and is so much easier then the cheap devices, syma x5c and x8c.

Very Nice to see your end of the world. You have a nice subject to work with.
You did well with PowerDirector on encoding bravo.

Steady out a few ways...You can raise the stick longer, they thread at the middle the longer they are the easy it is to adjust and makes a big difference.
Cheers

You guys are right, practice does make it better :)

Just went outside on the porch and took first pano shot with p3p

cFMyaWp.jpg

Last edited:
Practice, practice, practice! Practice how to maneuver away from obstacles from any drone orientation

see at higher speeds smooth turning is not an issue, it's at lower speeds where you have to be very careful. Did anyone try flying by map? can you set fly-around on the map?

Second day of having P3 and second flight. What I found during this flight is :

1. Having 1 battery SUCKS !!!
2. It is not easy to do fly-around, smooth camera action while maneuvering the machine is a TASK.

I wanted to add something Beginner Mode can sound lame to a seasoned Pilot, but its smooth and a little more controlled. Next time your doing an outing that does not require you to Fly 2 miles out or crazy heights just go into beginner mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.