SE Questions

Reaction score
Hi,

Im relatively new to the drone community and recently got myself a DJI P3SE, after signing up here and having a browse I am noticing a lot of posts reguarding the distance which the SE can travel, now, it’s advertised as being able to travel 4KM I believe, however I find this sort of distance difficult to reach even on an open field it usually struggles to exceed probably 1KM before I get aircraft disconnected warning and then RTH kicks in, is this usual with a SE? I live in the UK and have only flown a handful of times, so I’m still yet to really test the drone and try to take it further a field. I have also invested in a parabolic dish from amazon, nothing fancy, cost me about £8 but can’t really tell if there has been a difference. Is this a known issue reguarding the distance? Or should I get this checked out.

Thanks

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
There are many things that affect the signal. Car manufacture's always advertise better results than the owner will see. Yes, it's possible to get farther range either with amplifiers or even just parabolics. First, are the antennas held vertically, parallel, and 90 degrees to the drone? Are you always facing it? Even in a open field there can still be EMF interference.

Reactions: ct17
Hi,

Im relatively new to the drone community and recently got myself a DJI P3SE, after signing up here and having a browse I am noticing a lot of posts reguarding the distance which the SE can travel, now, it’s advertised as being able to travel 4KM I believe, however I find this sort of distance difficult to reach even on an open field it usually struggles to exceed probably 1KM before I get aircraft disconnected warning and then RTH kicks in, is this usual with a SE? I live in the UK and have only flown a handful of times, so I’m still yet to really test the drone and try to take it further a field. I have also invested in a parabolic dish from amazon, nothing fancy, cost me about £8 but can’t really tell if there has been a difference. Is this a known issue reguarding the distance? Or should I get this checked out.

Thanks

IMG_2250.jpg

Look at the manual : if your are in fcc mode it may travel 1k in 2.4 or 4K in 5.8, but if you are in CE mode it only travels 500 mts in 2.4 and 400 mts in 5.8.

There are many things that affect the signal. Car manufacture's always advertise better results than the owner will see. Yes, it's possible to get farther range either with amplifiers or even just parabolics. First, are the antennas held vertically, parallel, and 90 degrees to the drone? Are you always facing it? Even in a open field there can still be EMF interference.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I see what you’re saying. Firstly, yes I have the antenna always pointed 90 degrees and face the drone. And yes I always adjust my position so that the antenna is facing the drone. I think it may be something more likely to do with what the gent is saying below, about CE and FCC. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
View attachment 97621

Look at the manual : if your are in fcc mode it may travel 1k in 2.4 or 4K in 5.8, but if you are in CE mode it only travels 500 mts in 2.4 and 400 mts in 5.8.

Thanks for your help!

Is there a way to switch between these modes, last time I checked I did have 5.4ghz enabled but I have no idea how to check if I’m in FCC or CE!!
Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

[QUOTE = "ct17, post: 1351846, member: 110104"] Благодаря за вашата помощ!

Има ли начин да превключвате между тези режими, последния път, когато проверих, че имах 5.4ghz активиран, но нямам идея как да проверя дали съм в FCC или CE!
Има ли някаква настройка някъде?

Благодаря! [/ QUOTE]
Thanks for your help!

Is there a way to switch between these modes, last time I checked I did have 5.4ghz enabled but I have no idea how to check if I’m in FCC or CE!!
Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks!
you can if your device allows! check your device's performance and if you have what I will show in the picture you can!

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-16-07.04.23.jpg
    PicsArt_04-16-07.04.23.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 302
I’ve only ever seen a couple of people get close to 4Km I’ve had mine out to 2.8km and I use a parabolic booster as well It appears to help even though people say on here it shouldn’t. When I first got the drone it appeared to be limited to about 800M But once I updated firmware and logged in and out of the app it now flys Awesome. I live in Australia and are not affected by the fcc European limited issues .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94