SD cards failing

Reaction score
I have bought two Sandisk cards and found that after re-formatting with my Mac my drone does not see them they worked ok before, it would seem that they need to just have the data deleting and not formatting, I have tried to reformat from the drone but it will not. If the card it in the drone the video is running but will not record or take still photos. Has anyone else had a similar problem and is so got them to work again. They are OK out of the drone.

I have bought two Sandisk cards and found that after re-formatting with my Mac my drone does not see them they worked ok before, it would seem that they need to just have the data deleting and not formatting, I have tried to reformat from the drone but it will not. If the card it in the drone the video is running but will not record or take still photos. Has anyone else had a similar problem and is so got them to work again. They are OK out of the drone.
Have you tried them on a windows pc? If they show up there maybe try formattimg from windows and try it in the drone again.

This is just a guess though, have not had this problem.

Hi Mike, I have just formatted on my Windows machine and the newest one a 32Gig card is now working fine, thanks for the tip.

J.
Excellent. Glad it helped. I always just format all my cards from the devices they are used in to avoid these issues. With my p4p formatting has just become part of my pre flight routine.

Thanks again Mike and Michael, I don't use my Windows machine much but I will now in this case, cheers.

Probably not useful in the above situation, which may not be the card, but...

Samsung - Memory Cards - have a LIFETIME WARRANTY (Since about 2013??)...

I Recently had a 128g Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card fail, which was replaced under a Global Warranty scheme...

[Genuine Cards Only! - had to send images of card, both sides, inc serial#, and yes, it took about a month, but I was very nice to see it turn up in the mail!!]

SanDisk® Global Customer Care <[email protected]>

Have you tried them on a windows pc? If they show up there maybe try formattimg from windows and try it in the drone again.

This is just a guess though, have not had this problem.
I've done some full formats on my PC and it worked great. In fact, one card I thought was shot came back just fine after the format. The full format of a 16gb card took several minutes... maybe 10.

Hi..glad you got your card working.. I have had a bad run of scan disk micro sd cards.. I have lost hundreds of photos and video to file corruption on them...on 3 different devices.android phone...camera and a dash cam.... from now on I buy high end cards..they cost more but they haven't failed yet..

Macs use a different file system by default. DJI uses a Windows format either FAT or EXFAT depending on the card size. The Mac disk utility will correctly format the card if you specify the correct Windows format

And On these "Memory cards"....Its always best NOT to touch the gold pin contacts....any slight amount of oil off your fingers will spoil the wonderful contact that that tiny card needs to make to the camera...they have some volts going in them also.....Do your best to keep your fingers off the tiny delicate GOLD PINS !

Similar to any electronics, SD cards don’t respond well to being wet, extreme temperature changes or dirt. Keep them away from spilled coffee or tea, and don’t store your Drone in the trunk of your hot car and then bring it into an air-conditioned room. The contact points of the memory card are especially sensitive. You can clean them with isopropyl alcohol, but make sure you don’t scratch the contacts or give them a static electricity shock. Use a small plastic case to protect the cards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr