Sd card

Reaction score
Hi guys i was just wondering on which sd card you would recommend for a P3 advanced? I’m guessing 32gb is plenty but I have no idea on the spec etc, any help in the right direction would be great, I just want some that will record/take good quality vids/pics

Justo

“Don’t put all your egg in one basket “. Don’t get too high of a SD card. A couple of 30’s or 60’s at most. If something goes wrong you won’t lose everything.
Like WV.Rootman said you don't need anymore than that the more you have stored the more you have a chance on losing by lost drone etc.

Sandisk extreme v30. The 64gb or 128gb. Costco recently has has a deal for a pack of two 128gb for $40

I use Sandisk in my P3 Pro and cameras. Get several cards, 32-64g or higher. Format your card before taking off, that way you know It’s ready

Cheers for the replies guys, will go for 32gb, also any ideas on editing programs, pref free ones until I get up to speed with it all.

This is all I use in my drones --

SanDisk 32 Extreme.jpg

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I use the SanDisk 32GB Extreme PRO SDHC UHS-I Memory Card V30/Class 10
Max Read Speed: 95 MB/s
Max Write Speed: 90 MB/s
Designed for devices that can capture Full 1080p HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as RAW and burst photography, it features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s.

Recording 1080p@60 You would go through 4 batteries and still have plenty of room on a 32GB card.

“Don’t put all your egg in one basket “. Don’t get too high of a SD card. A couple of 30’s or 60’s at most. If something goes wrong you won’t lose everything.
128 is overkill. IMHO if doing professional work you should change cards every battery change. We flew 7 hours on job Sunday in 100 degrees (no fun), went thru 14 cards. Don’t want a crash, fly away, etc taking my footage with it.

I thought I read somewhere that a 64 gig was the highest that you can use in any P3.
But I also never tried any card higher than a 64 gig.
Totally agree with the above posts!

Reactions: dronesky
@KachemakDiver
I have used a 128 in my P3. Was all I had available at the time. It did work without issues. I agree with The Rootman though. It's overkill. Since I got my P4P I run 64gb cards shooting in RAW for some editing of my field flights, and I'm having no storage issues with those. Don't have enough computing power, but that's another issue all together... ?

Reactions: CPO Coastie
@KachemakDiver
I have used a 128 in my P3. Was all I had available at the time. It did work without issues. I agree with The Rootman though. It's overkill. Since I got my P4P I run 64gb cards shooting in RAW for some editing of my field flights, and I'm having no storage issues with those. Don't have enough computing power, but that's another issue all together... ?
VI
I have P3s it doesn't take 128 GB

SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64gb speeds 170 read/90 write

I use the extreme pro u3 a2 in my P4P, I like the write speed and how fast it transfers to my computer. These micro SD cards are not that expensive.

8E8E63A6-F3CD-4615-A7E3-6934CF706CAA.png

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I stick to 64 GB though, nothing higher. If I’m shooting a lot of 4K video on a job, I can download to a laptop and preview video while I’m at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers