SD Card Won't Stay In SD Slot, P3A

Reaction score
The SD card slot on the side of the Gimbal no longer retains the SD card. Meaning, if I slide the SD card in to the SD slot on the side of the gimbal, it just "shoots" out due to the spring eject system. Any retaining mechanism doesn't seem to be working.

I have tried two different SD cards and they both suffer from this.

Is there some hidden "trick" to getting this to work? Even if temporary? I have two jobs over the next two days and would really, really like to get these jobs done before returning the gimbal.

Thanks in advance.

OK, done some more experimenting...

If I get some small pen or other object to push the card in further, AND push the card UP slightly, then it seems to stick in the slot. At least for now, on my kitcheen table with no power going to the AC.

I have no idea whether it will stay in the bird when I am flying it and the camera is being buffeted by the wind and whatever vibrations the motors may transfer to the camera.

Probably going to have to use tape as well just to ensure it doesn't eject while in the air.

no time to search for you now but iirc people have used tape when they post this problem here

I have to use my thumb nail to get it far enough in to lock. Biro point might help but kit not you need to replace the card socket. Not difficult but not quick.

Reactions: Capt KO
OK, done some more experimenting...

If I get some small pen or other object to push the card in further, AND push the card UP slightly, then it seems to stick in the slot. At least for now, on my kitcheen table with no power going to the AC.

I have no idea whether it will stay in the bird when I am flying it and the camera is being buffeted by the wind and whatever vibrations the motors may transfer to the camera.

Probably going to have to use tape as well just to ensure it doesn't eject while in the air.

Hi,

Just a thought when you put the card in, push pass the slot, the card should be pressed slightly down to connect it the slot, well mine does and I have had no problems and to eject press in and slightly move the card up..

Reactions: cheddarman
Yep, use the thumb nail to push it in and down and it snaps into the slot. Just push in and release and it flies out!

Reactions: Lenj
anyone have a part number for board that has SD card reader....would rather replace it than the whole gimble.....thatnks for the help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers