SD Card weirdness

Reaction score
So, just had a new issue with my P3Pro. An SD card that has had no issues for months, all of a sudden started acting weird.

I noticed on my screen it said SD card formatting recommended. I don't remember ever seeing that before, so I went ahead and formatted it in the camera. The next flight, there was delay when I pushed record, and when the recording actually started. The recording also shut off on it's own after random times had passed. I have never seen that before.

Jump to the end of troubleshooting....If I format the card in the camera, I get this behavior. If I format it in my computer using exFAT, everything works fine, but I get "card formatting recommended. I haven't had a chance to try other cards, and I know formatting in the camera is recommended, but at least with this card, I'm just going to live with the warning and use it formatted in the computer.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

I haven't had a chance to try other cards, and I know formatting in the camera is recommended, but at least with this card, I'm just going to live with the warning and use it formatted in the computer.
Sometimes a card can just break down. Perhaps that's what's happening.
Try another card and you'll get a good idea.
btw .. it shouldn't make any difference whether you format in the computer or the camera.
I always do it in the computer for convenience and it's never made any difference.

My 64gb class 10 card does exactly the same thing it’s works on my pc just not in my phantom I try and format it in my phantom it just keeps formatting over and over I’ve never had a memory card behave in this way they either work or don’t

Mystery solved, it's my brand new, updated to the latest firmware, CrystalSky. Nice idea and bright screen, just unusable in its current state. How is DJI getting away with putting out this kind of garbage? It does it on 2 different P3 pros, and a various assortment of SD cards. Everything works fine with ipad or iPhone.

Mystery solved, it's my brand new, updated to the latest firmware, CrystalSky. Nice idea and bright screen, just unusable in its current state. How is DJI getting away with putting out this kind of garbage? It does it on 2 different P3 pros, and a various assortment of SD cards. Everything works fine with ipad or iPhone.
It's hard to see how the tablet would have anything to do with the SD card operation.

It's hard to see how the tablet would have anything to do with the SD card operation.

That's what I thought as well. But when I switch back to my iPad, all the issues would disappear. I also never saw any of these issues until I used the Crystalsky for the first time. Remember, the tablet is running the software that controls the bird. There is no doubt that this issue was only with the Crystalsky. The bigger mystery to me was how resetting the camera fixed it.

That's what I thought as well. But when I switch back to my iPad, all the issues would disappear. I also never saw any of these issues until I used the Crystalsky for the first time. Remember, the tablet is running the software that controls the bird. There is no doubt that this issue was only with the Crystalsky. The bigger mystery to me was how resetting the camera fixed it.
The tablet doesn't read the card or format it. It just relays the command to format it.
The issue would have to be either the card or the Phantom's camera.
Have you tried a different card with the Crystalsky tablet to demonstrate that the tablet is the problem?

Several different cards, 2 completely different P3P systems (controller, bird, camera, card, all different) all display the same behavior, only when used with the Crystalsky.

It's not the reading or the formatting of the card. It is when the actual recording starts and stops. There was a delay when it would start, and it would stop on it's own, and the video would drop out for a second or 2. I originally assumed it was due to the card, because that made the most sense.

When I switched back to the iPad and everything was fine, and then switched back to the Crystalsky and the problem returned, I knew it was something with the Crystalsky.

I know the Crystalsky was causing the issue, there is no doubt about that. I'm just trying to provide information for anyone who may come along later with the same issue. Issuing a "reset camera" from within the app fixed the problem. It restarted, and I didn't have the issue return.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl