Screen Lag

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I get pretty bad screen lag occasionally, even when the P3 is within a hundred yards of me. There is always a slight delay from real time to what is on the screen but it gets so bad sometimes that the screen is so pixelated I can't see anything. I am running the latest firmware update, 1.1.9 and an iPad Mini 2 w/retina.

Any thoughts?

I didn't have this problem before the newest app version! I think it might have been that I was flying in direct sunlight and my ipad was very warm...

Are there any other tablets that will have a noticeable performance improvement over the Mini 2, is the Mini 3 any better, or maybe one of the Samsung tablets?

I am assuming you have turned on "Enable Hardware Decode" in the DJI app? That's the advice I have seen for my Ipad Air 1 which has the same A7 chip as the Mini 2.

Reactions: JoseyWales
I am assuming you have turned on "Enable Hardware Decode" in the DJI app? That's the advice I have seen for my Ipad Air 1 which has the same A7 chip as the Mini 2.

So is the advice to turn off Hardware Decode or turn it on?

I have the Mini 2 as well and at the end of my flight, screen was going black occasionally but the signal was still 100%. I was chalking it up to the Mini maybe overheating?

Turn ON. My ipad Air is working extremely well. I have noticed some screen artifacts when standing near my garage. Presumably the massive metal door is interfering. Other than that all is well.

"Turn on hardware decode" definitely provides better results. We also suggest crashing all other running apps on the device so all processing power is devoted to the DJI Pilot app.

Reactions: woobisah
Turn ON. My ipad Air is working extremely well. I have noticed some screen artifacts when standing near my garage. Presumably the massive metal door is interfering. Other than that all is well.
Does the iPad air fit in the holder? I'm looking at getting either the mini2 or the air 2.

No, I have not turned it on, will try that tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

I just got the iPad air 2 LTE. Blows my galaxy tab away. Perfrct feed back. Granted it's brand new I deleted everything I could app wise that it would let me and only loaded DJI pilot. But I'm beyond satisfied. Almost justifies the 900$ I just spent on a monitor strictly for my drone LOL.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I just got the iPad air 2 LTE. Blows my galaxy tab away. Perfrct feed back. Granted it's brand new I deleted everything I could app wise that it would let me and only loaded DJI pilot. But I'm beyond satisfied. Almost justifies the 900$ I just spent on a monitor strictly for my drone LOL.

What we will do for our drones... to keep them happy :):):):)

I'm using my note 4 for my video. I've had ZERO issues until last week. Now, no matter what I do I'm getting lag. The video is fine for the first 10 min. Then midway through the flight it gets so laggy I can't even use the live video feed. I'm not sure why. Its a new issue that was not a problem before.

Reactions: iahphantom
I'm using my note 4 for my video. I've had ZERO issues until last week. Now, no matter what I do I'm getting lag. The video is fine for the first 10 min. Then midway through the flight it gets so laggy I can't even use the live video feed. I'm not sure why. Its a new issue that was not a problem before.
I'm getting the same exact problem with my Note 4, It was perfectly fine for the first 2 weeks never had a problem now seems like midway im getting terrible video lag. I think it could of been when I started recording in MOV but switched back to mp4 and still lags.. Going to wipe my note 4 start out with mp4 sees if it reverts back to smooth play.. When I pop in my s6 edge no more lag.

What we will do for our drones... to keep them happy :):):):)
Yeeeaahhh...... $538 later, I think I've got my lag issues sorted. Now I just have to figure out all this apple hoopla! Every thing ya try to do you have to enter a password!!?? Good grief! Lol!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

So everyone is using Enable hardware mode on IOS? by default its not enable but I haven't had any lag issues with it off

I'm getting the same exact problem with my Note 4, It was perfectly fine for the first 2 weeks never had a problem now seems like midway im getting terrible video lag. I think it could of been when I started recording in MOV but switched back to mp4 and still lags.. Going to wipe my note 4 start out with mp4 sees if it reverts back to smooth play.. When I pop in my s6 edge no more lag.
did wiping your note 4 work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.