Is the later GO4 app versions more demanding

Reaction score
I noticed on earlier firmware versions (the ones about 6 months ago) that the Lightbridge distance was very bad, sometimes only a few meters and the screen was getting green and pixelated and freezing when using my my iPad mini 2 (which worked fine on GO 4 versions maybe 2 years ago), but when using my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s the Lightbridge distance and signal was fine and normal.

But today after some months of not flying my drones I did a flight and had to download the GO 4 app to my phone, so obviously it downloaded the latest go4 app version, and to my amazement it the Lightbridge signal was again bad exactly as earlier when I used the iPad mini 2, but this time it happened on a iPhone 6s (which worked fine 5-.
6 months ago).

So has the latest versions of the Go4 app become too demanding for an iPhone 6s? Should I use an older GO 4 app version instead? Anybody that flies with a iPhone 6s? The drone it tried with yesterday was a P4 and the DJI GO4 app version was 4.3.3.

The issue has nothing to do with the light bridge connection- it is your phone/tablet struggling to render the video and other demands. Yes, every new version of GO requires more from your device. What iOS version are you running on the 6? I would make sure you have the latest iOS you can get on there as a starting point.

I noticed on earlier firmware versions (the ones about 6 months ago) that the Lightbridge distance was very bad, sometimes only a few meters and the screen was getting green and pixelated and freezing when using my my iPad mini 2 (which worked fine on GO 4 versions maybe 2 years ago), but when using my iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s the Lightbridge distance and signal was fine and normal.

But today after some months of not flying my drones I did a flight and had to download the GO 4 app to my phone, so obviously it downloaded the latest go4 app version, and to my amazement it the Lightbridge signal was again bad exactly as earlier when I used the iPad mini 2, but this time it happened on a iPhone 6s (which worked fine 5-.
6 months ago).

So has the latest versions of the Go4 app become too demanding for an iPhone 6s? Should I use an older GO 4 app version instead? Anybody that flies with a iPhone 6s? The drone it tried with yesterday was a P4 and the DJI GO4 app version was 4.3.3.
Try replacing your USB cord. I was having that same problem and losing the video signal completely. A different cord fixed the problem.

The issue has nothing to do with the light bridge connection- it is your phone/tablet struggling to render the video and other demands. Yes, every new version of GO requires more from your device. What iOS version are you running on the 6? I would make sure you have the latest iOS you can get on there as a starting point.

I´m running iOS 11, so the iOS version doesn´t seem to be the problem. I have now also tried with older GO 4 app versions but it still has problems with the video getting choppy and pixelated (even though it worked fine a half a year ago).
I have also tried different USB cables as well.

So then I guess its the hardware of my iPhone 6s that can´t handle things? Maybe I should get a newer model phone?
But I still think its strange that it worked fine 6 month ago with the same phone with the same iOS version, and with the same drone with the same firmware version and GO 4 app version?

But I still think its strange that it worked fine 6 month ago with the same phone with the same iOS version,

Have you added any new apps in that 6 months?

Some apps start up and run in the background every time you power up the phone, using up resources... I don't have an iPhone so this is just a stab in the dark lol - Is there a list of running apps that you can see and selectively force-close certain ones?

I was having all these issues with iPad mini and iPhone 6 s plus. Time for a new phone anyway and got the xs plus—-zero issues now. Before I made the purchase I flew with my wife’s 7 and it was flawless....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj