Screaming wing tries to kill my Phantom

Hokey Smokes! What was that all about?

Any idea of the owner or where it came from?

AD

I suspect these two are the pilot(s). You can see them in your shot looking at/ running toward the other aircraft as it flys near the home their standing by. Maybe knock on a door or two over here:

751E9C60-3F37-454C-AD2B-8DE38CFF6242_zpskenqjo3h.jpg

Hokey Smokes! What was that all about?

Any idea of the owner or where it came from?

AD

I saw a wing screaming around the neighborhood so I flew over to say hello and bam, instant attack. I just noticed the wing lying on the road as I watched the clip on here. His battery is Kaput so I'm hoping the rest of the wing is kaput also.

Last edited:
The wing comes from the grey roofed house at 3 o'clock on your circles xenomorph.

Despite them possibly trying to 'buzz' you intentionally, actually hitting you is very difficult so I'd guess it's just a bit of bad luck and poor judgement.
I tried 1/2-A dogfighting (with streamers) and found it very difficult and thus not much fun for me.

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
The wing comes from the grey roofed house at 3 o'clock on your circles xenomorph.

I agree. Like I said, if you ask around you may be able to locate the pilot. Anyone flying that in a neighborhood would more than likely have the neighbors knowing their doing it. Maybe a neighbor will point you in the right direction. Hopefully the impact didn't cause any damage to your Phantom.

I heard some laughter from over that way immediately after the hit but the joke was on him. lol

Wow. When you run that video up on a big screen you can see just how large that wing was a split second before it hits AND you can see the battery flying away when you run stop action on it.

Here's hoping your bird comes out OK from all this.

AD

N
I agree. Like I said, if you ask around you may be able to locate the pilot. Anyone flying that in a neighborhood would more than likely have the neighbors knowing their doing it. Maybe a neighbor will point you in the right direction. Hopefully the impact didn't cause any damage to your Phantom.

No, not even a scratch. It appears to do a complete flip too.

Find out if they're registered!
( hopefully you are ;) )

If that was intentional they are some pretty good pilots lol!! Nice recovery!

If that was intentional they are some pretty good pilots lol!! Nice recovery!

Hard to tell if the hit was intentional or not. He adjusted his aim on the way up and was going like the clappers so if it wasn't attempted droneacide it certainly was reckless flying likely to cause serious mischief. "Nice recovery." That was all the work of the genius's at DJI.

Reactions: BuickGS
It did look like he turned towards you at the last second. I love the fact that you can see the dead wing laying in the road while the victorious Phantom flies away LOL!!

Reactions: Ron Davis
It did look like he turned towards you at the last second. I love the fact that you can see the dead wing laying in the road while the victorious Phantom flies away LOL!!

I didn't notice the wing lying on the road on my phone clip, too small, and I was too intent watching if my Phantom would tumble out of the sky after the hit to notice the wing come down. If I had I would have gotten more than his battery. lol

I like a happy ending. Great video. The other pilot will not be flying that AC soon.

Tobby

That would have been a nice bonus ihj but I didn't know the wing had crashed so I got out of there real quick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga