Scottsdale, Arizona - Camelback Mountain

Reaction score
From this past summer. One of my favorite destinations!

Attachments

• EBCD7D0C-5414-4C62-8956-D42672DCD2BE.jpeg
    EBCD7D0C-5414-4C62-8956-D42672DCD2BE.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: CKUK and snowy23
Hello Arasmus ,

Nice! Takes me back about 10 years or so ago to a project I worked on, the addition of a reception hall to the lower right. The general contractor reviewed the construction drawings and found them materially incorrect between civil, architectural, structural and MEP disciples. The GC hired separate teams of architectural, structural fabricator and MEP designers to make a 3d model with architectural, structural and MEP models combined from the three teams. During site prep, the first onsite meeting in the construction trailer resulted in a at least dozen request for information and change orders pertaining to site changes with cost and time savings that exceeded the entire cost of the 3d modeling tab. Subsequent savings in costs and time throughout the rest of the construction was "considerable". The CG hired us for two more such projects before embedding us into a brand new virtual engineering team to "train the project".

Used to live in AZ for 35 years, miss the whole different lifestyle it brings. Not the rising heat though.

Anyway, I never saw the project since after the site prep phase, so it was good to be reminded of this.

Reactions: Arasmus
Very nice!

Hello Arasmus ,

Nice! Takes me back about 10 years or so ago to a project I worked on, the addition of a reception hall to the lower right. The general contractor reviewed the construction drawings and found them materially incorrect between civil, architectural, structural and MEP disciples. The GC hired separate teams of architectural, structural fabricator and MEP designers to make a 3d model with architectural, structural and MEP models combined from the three teams. During site prep, the first onsite meeting in the construction trailer resulted in a at least dozen request for information and change orders pertaining to site changes with cost and time savings that exceeded the entire cost of the 3d modeling tab. Subsequent savings in costs and time throughout the rest of the construction was "considerable". The CG hired us for two more such projects before embedding us into a brand new virtual engineering team to "train the project".

Used to live in AZ for 35 years, miss the whole different lifestyle it brings. Not the rising heat though.

Anyway, I never saw the project since after the site prep phase, so it was good to be reminded of this.
Wow, that’s really interesting to hear. It’s definitely a unique and challenging place to build with the landscape and weather. Thanks for sharing!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers