Scotland - Phantom 4 - @jakecatterall

Reaction score
Had some fun taking the drone out in Scotland - Follow the link below to watch

Had some great flying days, when there is so much open land and 0 wind, its a pleasure to fly the drone.

i faced some problems whilst hiking around, my batteries got too cold for them to launch the drone
I wrapped my batteries with their case and few thermal clothing layers so that chill in the air wouldnt cool them down too much

I flew it out in seriously windy conditions, SO surprised how well the DJI Phantom 4 can stabilize itself under strong winds. If I ever flew it out over a mountain edge, i sometimes couldnt fly the drone back, so id have to memories a landing spot for the drone and find it later on

I used 2 batteries which lasted me enough for 1 day. I think each shoot day requires 3 batteries to be safe

To transport the drone whilst i hiked, I own a ski bbag with several clips on, i simply clipped the drones legs to the back of my bag and removed the battery. a good way of getting around when the drone is pretty big and unable for break down.

landing technique, more often than not, when i set the drone of, it would bbe hard to land it back in the same spot, due to unstable ground, wind, etc etc, i found that if i flew it above my head, i would used one hand to grab a leg of the drone, and the engine would stop and i could then handle the drone safely.

ATTACKED BY BIRDS? yeah, it happened, and i didnt know what the f**K to do. obviously i care about nature and animals, but what do you do when you have a bloody big bird attacking your drone for air space?! push forward and hope for the best i guess. (no birds were hurt in the making of this film)

Do you like the film? do you have any questions?
Let me know!

Thanks,
Jake

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4