Scary moment

Reaction score
Had my first scary moment with my P3A the other day.

I tried to lod a Litchi mission but it refused, saying the GPS signal was too weak, so I just tried flying it around manually. It started swaying aroud violently and controls were unresponsive. Then it just sped off. I thought I was about to see the last of it, as it wouldn't stop when I ordered it to. Eventually I had to steer it back in my direction using the yaw control. Finally, I got it to land.

When I analysed the log with Healthy Drones, I found it had switched between ATTI and GPS over 30 times in a minute and a half, which apparently is a sign of a weak GPS signal.

I've done one Litchi mission since, and it was fine. But a mystery remains: why did it say the GPS signal was weak when it was picking up 16 satellites?

Had my first scary moment with my P3A the other day.

I tried to lod a Litchi mission but it refused, saying the GPS signal was too weak, so I just tried flying it around manually. It started swaying aroud violently and controls were unresponsive. Then it just sped off. I thought I was about to see the last of it, as it wouldn't stop when I ordered it to. Eventually I had to steer it back in my direction using the yaw control. Finally, I got it to land.

When I analysed the log with Healthy Drones, I found it had switched between ATTI and GPS over 30 times in a minute and a half, which apparently is a sign of a weak GPS signal.

I've done one Litchi mission since, and it was fine. But a mystery remains: why did it say the GPS signal was weak when it was picking up 16 satellites?
We have seen a sudden spike in reports of P3s rapidly switching between ATTI and GPS modes often combined with an increase in reported compass errors. If you don't mind, would you please let us know exactly which versions of FW you have on your AC and your RC as well as which version of the app? Please just don't say "latest" since that leads to guessing. Since compass issues are so serious, we'd like to be able to find something common in all of these sudden reports. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
It's the latest firmware for both copter and controller. The Litchi app version is 3.8.0.

I had to return one of my P3A's with that exact issue!..Had 16+ sat locks but it had no idea where it was by the looks of it. DJI tried billing me $250, but I responded with a very lawyer like letter stating Healthy drone data and video of it lurching. They sent me a brand new one asap no charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers