Scared for new firmware

Please remind me how to downgrade my aircraft...assistant 2 doesn't go that low and I've forgotten where to go for that

Just updated the firmware on Saturday and flew out 2800 ft on Sunday with almost no interference in a heavy RF area best performance so far.

Reactions: Kissthesky
Just updated the firmware on Saturday and flew out 2800 ft on Sunday with almost no interference in a heavy RF area best performance so far.
Sorry but I can't do that! Past experiences have really gotten me iffy about the new version! I just downgraded to VO1.04.O602 but want to go back even further

Reactions: alsobrook4336
I just can't remember where to go to downgrade and I can't figure out the github thing

Here's a definitive answer:

Install and KEEP this software/firmware combination, and your P4P will fly rock solid for the rest of its natural life:

App: v4.0.8
Aircraft: v1.3.509
Remote: v01.04.01.00
Precise Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04
Basic Fly Safe database: v00.00.01.04

Turn off all the Object Avoidance crap and leave it off. Install the 32 channel hack and always run it in "Custom" mode. If you fly, and you get dropped frames, change the channel. Channel 31 (2.4GHz) seems to work very well around these parts (not a single dropped frame in the mission below). For short-range missions, I use 5.8GHz.

Our 3 P4P's fly very predictably and have been solid as a rock.

View attachment 101873

Good luck

D
Harleydude - I am running the same firmware version in my Aircraft that you indicated above ... what would be the equivalent version of your remote firmware applicable for the PLUS DJI controller? Mine currently says Kernel version is 3.10.0 and System version is 1.1.3.0. Model number is GL300E.

How do you know what version of firmware is in your controller? I'm my app it just says "latest firmware"

I’m really torn about this and gone thru 4 p4p’s so experience says a lot here.
1st p4p - {fly away} updated before I even flew the first time...had problems the entire time.
2nd p4p - {crash} not sure if it’s related, never got a clear answer from DJI.
I’ve always had problems with green and black screen no matter what. I’ve done everything I know but still end up with problems and yes, I understand that this a very talked about issue. I’ve shortened my cable to a 1’ more robust cable, changed my mgz, turned off cache and yes I’ve made sure no apps are running in the back ground. I’ve done so much reading that my head is spinning on what to do because so many people talk about how screwed up the firmware is now. With this last bird, I have NOT updated the firmware and the problems seem to be minimal but a few persist. SHOULD I update to the newest?? I’m afraid it will just make everything worse like before! Does anyone have a definitive answer on this subject??

Install and stick with these. Rock solid. Field tested in three birds. 100% reliable.

And before you ask, Google it. Good luck.

D

Here's a definitive answer:

Install and KEEP this software/firmware combination, and your P4P will fly rock solid for the rest of its natural life:

Turn off all the Object Avoidance crap and leave it off. Install the 32 channel hack and always run it in "Custom" mode. If you fly, and you get dropped frames, change the channel. Channel 31 (2.4GHz) seems to work very well around these parts (not a single dropped frame in the mission below). For short-range missions, I use 5.8GHz.

Our 3 P4P's fly very predictably and have been solid as a rock.

View attachment 101873

Good luck

D

We also fly the 509 Firmware and have to agree , Solid with a lot of the freedoms that were taken away. Bravo.

Reactions: Harleydude
I too had green screen, dropped video feed, and laggy video issues when I started flying over a year ago. I looked around in PhantomPilots forums and by far the most complained issue was video due to iPads and tablets that were not up to the task. I had access to a troubleshooting resource that most others didn’t however. A manager that worked in Best Buy. I was able to borrow the display systems and test them out with my P4P. And I tested a LOT of them on both the apple and android platforms. None of the androids resolved the issues completely, but a few came close. My tests with the iPads was much more successful. And it’s not just the model of the iPads that mattered. It was also the capabilities of it. After all of my testing, I finally made my purchase. iPad Pro with 10.5” retina screen, cellular and WiFi, 256 gig. Even after adding the HDMI module to my controller (which WILL negatively impact the video speed), my display is still rock solid. The IOS updates do not seem to impact my system either. The iPad Pro May have been a bit pricey, but to me the elimination of my video problems was worth it.

Reactions: Harleydude
I too had green screen, dropped video feed, and laggy video issues when I started flying over a year ago. I looked around in PhantomPilots forums and by far the most complained issue was video due to iPads and tablets that were not up to the task. I had access to a troubleshooting resource that most others didn’t however. A manager that worked in Best Buy. I was able to borrow the display systems and test them out with my P4P. And I tested a LOT of them on both the apple and android platforms. None of the androids resolved the issues completely, but a few came close. My tests with the iPads was much more successful. And it’s not just the model of the iPads that mattered. It was also the capabilities of it. After all of my testing, I finally made my purchase. iPad Pro with 10.5” retina screen, cellular and WiFi, 256 gig. Even after adding the HDMI module to my controller (which WILL negatively impact the video speed), my display is still rock solid. The IOS updates do not seem to impact my system either. The iPad Pro May have been a bit pricey, but to me the elimination of my video problems was worth it.

I use the WiFi version of the same iPad Air Pro. And I believe mine is only 32GB, which is more than enough. I don't use my iPad for anything other flying drones or running digital audio consoles. At any given time I'm using < 20% of the SSD storage. I occasionally record the screen for forensics purposes, but then I move the video file(s) off the iPad at the end of the day.

Worth noting, my iPad Air 1 16GB works perfectly for all DJI apps. It's only when using more resource-heavy third-party apps like Autopilot and MapPilot that I have to step up to the Air Pro. And even then, only when the weather is warm. If it's cool out < 60°, the Air 1 will work for all apps.

Last edited:
I use the WiFi version of the same iPad. And I believe mine is only 64GB, which is more than enough. I don't use my iPad for anything other flying drones or running digital audio consoles. At any given time I'm using < 20% of the SSD storage. I occasionally record the screen for forensics purposes, but then I move the video file(s) off the iPad at the end of the day.
Yea, the iPad Pro is definitely the best option in my opinion. I like to DL maps when I reach my destination, and I will sometimes go a week or more before I can DL the pictures and videos. So the cellular and 256 gigs were requirements for me.

Where can I get the version of firmware/Controller OS for the P4P + controller (and what is the version?) that works best and most stably with the '509' firmware in the AC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94