Saving video files to ipad

Reaction score
So i'm debating back and forth on wither to get a iPad or a Android tablet for my p4. I'd rather have the iPad but along with fpv i need a item to backup the videos i shoot between flights. Accidents can happen and i wouldn't want to loose an entire days worth of work if anything happened. So here's my question, lets say i get a iPad air 2, and a lightening -> SD card reader. Is it possible to back up my videos to my iPad and keep original resolution? Or will upon import the iPad oddly format the files?

iPad should not be used as a storage device. You can store refined videos on YouTube, google photos or onto external devices. You can also think of saving on SD cards.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
If you're only interested in backing up files from the same day's flying, just get a bunch of MicroSD cards. Switch cards every time you land. If your craft gets lost, you'll only lose the data from that flight. Plus, you won't have to spend any time transferring files to another device.

I always read about people wanting to put the largest capacity card they can in the Phantom.. I carry four 16 Gig cards in my kit rather than one 64 Gig card.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl