Savannah, GA Area pilots

I did not,never heard back from Raul on when he was going and got busy....

Pat in Pooler

I will be available Saturday morning to Fly at Skidaway, anyone is interested

Reactions: RockyNH
If no one else bites on coming here and you don't have transportation by Saturday I could go to Pooler on my way out of town early afternoon?

Thanks, appreciate the offer... Not sure as we may also have to gather for a family function... so it is an odd day. I will be monitoring.

Pat

Anyone been out flying lately??? Not much for me, flew with some friends up in Rincon a couple weeks back testing some modes... did a demo flight at the schoolyard for my 6 year old Grandson this week when I had him for the day.

Taking the camper out to Fort McAllister next week and will have the P3 with me just in case....

Pat in Pooler

Was flying yesterday, see post "8 Hours missing" in the P3 standard thread

Hi guys. New to phantom pilots. P3S for valentines. I'm in Port Wentworth. Doing ( very ) low level flying around the house. Have also flown a little at the refuge and at Richardson creek. Good to see other savannah fliers here. Chris

Welcome, hoping to get a test flight in tomorrow, had my camera hit the water 2 weeks ago, finally got the camera working Saturday night then it rained on Sunday... But if it all goes well tomorrow, believe right now they are calling for good weather on Sunday!

Hi guys. New to phantom pilots. P3S for valentines. I'm in Port Wentworth. Doing ( very ) low level flying around the house. Have also flown a little at the refuge and at Richardson creek. Good to see other savannah fliers here. Chris

Welcome Chris!
You are right around the corner from me... I was wondering if they allowed flying in the Refuge, I was under the impression they did not. Have you posted any video from there???

Pat in Pooler (exit 106)

Welcome, hoping to get a test flight in tomorrow, had my camera hit the water 2 weeks ago, finally got the camera working Saturday night then it rained on Sunday... But if it all goes well tomorrow, believe right now they are calling for good weather on Sunday!

Sunday is supposed to be decent weather... Saturday too but later in the day....

Pat

Pat,I have the b4ufly app,and it shows the areas in the refuge where I fly as being outside the 5mile radius.I have to deal with the FAA on occasion as I work at Gulfstream. I certainly don't want to piss those people off. Chris

Very good.... I was referring more to the National Wildlife Refuge allowing drones or not... I was wanting to fly there but read this so hesitated..

"Areas considered ecologically sensitive—including lands within the National Wildlife Refuge System, host to threatened or even endangered species—can be disproportionately affected by drone flights. Thus it is illegal to operate unmanned aircraft on Refuge property without special permits."

Pat in Pooler

I'll chalk up my ignorance to new pilot excitement. I only checked the airport no fly radius before I went. Time to find more new areas. Thanks.

I'll chalk up my ignorance to new pilot excitement. I only checked the airport no fly radius before I went. Time to find more new areas. Thanks.
I had thought about checking at the visitor center, explaining that I would fly responsibly and just wanted some video footage if I received permission. Obviously would offer them a vid of what I shot.

Have you posted up any videos??

Pat

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl