San Diego

Did u register? How r they going to find out if u fly at FI?
Would it even matter if you did? If someone comes and says something, you are made anyways. I also don't have a desire to get in trouble regardless of people's opinions to just disregard the rules. They are ridiculous rules but I don't want to risk it.

Well it's official, I have no effing clue where I can fly a drone in San Diego. Any county park in San Diego county had a ban on them. It's pretty **** ridiculous that I'm the responsible person following the rules so I'm the one getting penalized. Every time you find a good open area, without people, it's either within airport range or not allowed. I seriously have no **** clue where you are allowed to fly in San Diego. I wonder if I can still return this thing I don't know if I can handle this much BS anymore.

Please do not solicit via private messages or outside of the classifieds. Thank you.

Well, bad news. Tried to get permission again and was denied to fly at fiesta island. I talked to the AC again and he said he got in trouble for approving it the first time and said he cannot approve anything within 5 miles of a major airport. I'm starting to wonder where the heck can you fly these in San Diego? It's really fun to fly and to get nice videos but I'm regretting not being able to fly anywhere. If someone knows of some cool spots, shoot me a PM.

When you say they "can't approve" your flight, are you not flying because you think it might be dangerous or they told you it is? I can't find anywhere that says that you need approval.
  • "Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying" (from FAA website).
I certainly understand your not flying there because of some specific danger or were told it wasn't safe. Under 400 feet should be no problem at Fiesta Island, especially at the north end.

Did you ask permission or did you notify them that you were going to fly and they said no?

I'm curious as I contact my local airport to fly but I only leave a message, no one ever seems to answer (Long Beach airport). I assume if they told me the same thing I would not want to fly there either. Mission Bay was on my list of places I want to fly.

Myself and a buddy that lives in San Diego were just talking about this. There is basically no where to fly in san Diego. Take a look at the B4ufly app and there are issues all over the county and city. looks like you will have better luck in the desert. with all the military bases and major airport good luck to you guys. Don't forget about Miramar Air base that's a big no no to fly around.

I get in contact with management and the ATC and the last time I got some lady who was pretty assertive saying I was just notifying them and they said no. Must go through all the channels and get approval since its class b.

I even found some good open areas that are not in a no fly zone but then the park rangers said no flying there. Apparently, they are going to segregate an area where quads can fly but that's just stupid. There's a small sliver in PB that's actually good on all the apps as being okay to fly but it's quite annoying here. I called a couple stores that specialize in quads and they pretty much said they fly wherever and just not being an idiot. I think that might be the approach to do right now.

Hi guys. New to the site but been flying drones for a couple years. Just waiting for my p4 to get here. I have to say I have flown at Fiesta many times without catching any crap from the Rangers or the cops and on big weekends as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31