samsung tab s 8.4 perfomance?

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Samsung tab s 8.4 plays nice with the pilot app and the phantom 3?

I have the tablet already, it worked great with the vision plus.

I am hoping to have an experience as lag free as possible. Hopefully without having to buy another tablet.

Still waiting on delivery of an advanced. Hopefully arriving mid next week, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Sorry for the late reply, as I just received my Phantom 3 Standard yesterday. Have you read that it helps to roll back the Google Play services? I read several posts that said if you do that, it should eliminate those stutter problems. Thats what I did, and I'll be trying mine out tomorrow when I receive my brackets to mount it.

On mine it is ok with the last firmware version without downgrade of google play services, probably as there is a new version (8.1.15) of google play services rolled out recently. Maybe give it a try.
In the past with a low cost Acer aconia tab 8 I used, the downgrade was a must even if not fully solving all the issues. Now it is rock solid with all the latest versions.

I've also had no problems with the latest firmware and app releases on my Tab S.

I had it close the Go app once with an error message complaining about the tablet being overheated. But, that was just once out in the mid-Florida sun. I made sure to keep it out of direct sun the rest of the day and it was fine.

-- Roger

Ok thanks guys! So do you recommend I just upgrade my Google Play Services again, and give it a try? Or should I leave it downgraded? I noticed it won't let you use Google Maps (because it tells me Google Play Services needs to be updated), but that doesn't matter as I don't utilize Google Maps on my tab anyway....

Ok thanks guys! So do you recommend I just upgrade my Google Play Services again, and give it a try? Or should I leave it downgraded? I noticed it won't let you use Google Maps (because it tells me Google Play Services needs to be updated), but that doesn't matter as I don't utilize Google Maps on my tab anyway....
I have the TabS8.4 and runs like a dream I defiantly recommend downgrading google services and before you start the go app kill all running apps.Then start the go app cache the map then enable flight mode.Do that and you will have a very smooth tablet.

Reactions: bobomet
I have the TabS8.4 and runs like a dream I defiantly recommend downgrading google services and before you start the go app kill all running apps.Then start the go app cache the map then enable flight mode.Do that and you will have a very smooth tablet.
How do you cache the map first on the Tab S?
Do you need a WIFI connection to a network to do it?

How do you cache the map first on the Tab S?
Do you need a WIFI connection to a network to do it?
Yes you need a connection either sim or if you only have home wifi cache the map at home before going to fly.

Thanks everyone! I'll leave the Google Play downgraded for now, and cache the map before I go fly 2nite! I get my bracket today from Amazon, so it will be up and running!

I was trying to find a thread that talked about the steps you can do on the Galaxy 4 to reduce lag or latency on the video playback from the Phantom 3. Does anyone know where that is? Thanks!

FYI, for anyone trying to use the Galaxy Tab 3 it does not work well at all, even after rolling back Google Play. Quite frequently disconnects and it is not a good feeling! Not too many issues with the Galaxy Tab S 8.4" Wifi, but honestly I seem to have better luck with the ios version and the iPhone 6.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers