My Phantom 4 and Samsung Tab S 10.5 are a couple again!

Reaction score
I had the Samsung Tab S 10.5 when I bought my P4 and it was working great. After a couple of updates (DJI Go software updates, tablet firmwares and drone firmwares), the image transmission ended up being so terrible up to a point that I couldn't really use the Tab S with the P4 anymore. I had to use the "small" screen of my Samsung S7 which had a very stable image transmission.

I have found APK Mirror (APKMirror - Free APK Downloads - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ - Download Free Android APKs #APKPLZ) that has old versions of free software. I searched for DJI Go and installed the oldest version available (3.0.1) on my Samsung Tab S. The image is once again super stable!

I thought I'd post this fantastic news on the forum but one thing scares me a little. This version does not have the GEO System flight restriction feature meaning that irresponsible pilots can again fly a drone in the middle of an airport and ruin the good image we're trying to build.

Anyway, one thing that is 100% certain: I will never update the DJI software or firmware ever again! I am thrilled!

Good to know. Will give it a try, even though I don't feel safe to use such an old version for day to day flights. Wonder if it will work with my p4adv. It's such a shame that the Tab S cannot keep up with the most recent versions of the app. It was Samsung's flagship tablet not so long ago.

I went to that site to download an older version but got a warning on my Samsung S2 saying that if I downloaded the older version that it could corrupt the tablet. I chickened out. Did you receive such a message when downloading the older version?

It's such a shame that the Tab S cannot keep up with the most recent versions of the app. It was Samsung's flagship tablet not so long ago.

I cannot blame the Tab S. The image transmission is rock solid when using version 3.0.1 of DJI go and terribly unstable when using the latest version. The tablet hasn't changed but the software did. For that reason, I'm blaming the software.

Using this version doesn't scare me one bit. The drone flies the same way with version 3.0.1 than with the latest version. I must admit that I didn't try the special features (follow me, tracking, etc.) but image transmission is 100 times more important to me that any of these optional features.

I went to that site to download an older version but got a warning on my Samsung S2 saying that if I downloaded the older version that it could corrupt the tablet. I chickened out. Did you receive such a message when downloading the older version?

I don't remember seeing that message but, honestly, I really cannot see how this can happen.

Another thing to mention. Tuesday, I started the app from home where I have WiFi (I had no data in the park I was last Sunday). When I started the app, I got a message saying "You MUST download the latest version of the app" and the app wouldn't start even after disabling WiFi and killing the app. I had to uninstall the app, reinstall it and launch it without WiFi.

So make sure you don't have any connection when launching the app.

So is the Tab S 10.5 still running good for you with no problems after turning it back to an older version on the DJI go 4 firmware?

So is the Tab S 10.5 still running good for you with no problems after turning it back to an older version on the DJI go 4 firmware?

Of course. It's just an app like any other. It doesn't touch system files like updating the firmware or anything serious. The worst thing an app can do is run something in the background that drains your battery, I really can't see how it can possibly brick any device.

One more question. Did you only get a older version of DJI go 4 app or did you get older firmware versions for the remote control and for the Drone or all of the above? Thanks for all your help. Because I was studying on these tablets and this Tab S is more powerful than some of these other ones that they're not having problems with that's what I couldn't understand. But I'm going to eventually end up with the Air 2 because my brother has it he don't have one minutes of trouble plus they got some other apps for it to that's pretty good.

One more question. Did you only get a older version of DJI go 4 app or did you get older firmware versions for the remote control and for the Drone or all of the above? Thanks for all your help. Because I was studying on these tablets and this Tab S is more powerful than some of these other ones that they're not having problems with that's what I couldn't understand. But I'm going to eventually end up with the Air 2 because my brother has it he don't have one minutes of trouble plus they got some other apps for it to that's pretty good.

I didn't touch the drone & remote firmwares. I don't have the latest firmware on my P4 due to the fact that it requires you to be logged into your account in order to use the drone. That scares me because I don't have data access at all times. Some say it works anyway, some say it don't. My drone works fine now so I won't screw it up for no important reason.

Like I said in my original post, I won't update anything on my drone anymore. It works perfectly fine now with the current firmware and software so I don't see a single reason to update anything.

Yeah before I start messing with all this let me ask you something. What Android version are you running on the tablet? What I don't understand this model tablet is strong and powerful it's got more strength than some of the other ones that they're using with no problem. Is starting to look like it's just a combination with the chipset and stuff like that it's not really the the CPUs speed. Well thanks for all your help though because I want to try to get this tablet to work I like the big display. The next display I'm going to go to is going to be the last one is going to be a iPad Air 2.

Yeah before I start messing with all this let me ask you something. What Android version are you running on the tablet? What I don't understand this model tablet is strong and powerful it's got more strength than some of the other ones that they're using with no problem. Is starting to look like it's just a combination with the chipset and stuff like that it's not really the the CPUs speed. Well thanks for all your help though because I want to try to get this tablet to work I like the big display. The next display I'm going to go to is going to be the last one is going to be a iPad Air 2.

It's running 6.0.1 (Marshmallow). Like I said in my original post, the tablet was working perfectly fine when I bought the P4 so it cannot be blamed. The software is the only culprit. That's why running an older version works.

My version is 5.0 .2 lollipop. I'm going to mess around with it a little bit if not what I'll do I'll match the same version you have and the setup because yours is working perfect so I'll might match mine to yours

Okay thanks for all the help. Well I'll leave the lollipop on there. I'm going to roll back the DJI Go app. Then if I still have problems I might have to roll back the firmware on the Drone and the remote control because I'm probably figure my version is probably newer than yours because I've always updated it. Right now I'm just using it S5 for a display and it's just too small. LOL thanks for all your help once I get it all squared away and everything's running good I'll let you know and what combination I have going. The only other display I'm going to go to next will be the iPad Air 2. That's what my brother runs on his P4 he's never had a minute's trouble even updating everything no problems whatsoever and I hook the Air 2 to my P4 just to make sure it was nothing to do with none of my setup not a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20