Samsung s21 software update blocks DJI GO 4 from opening, says there is a bug in DJI Software .

Reaction score
I just loaded the t mobile samsung software S21 update today and tried to open my DJI GO 4 and my DJI GO apps after installing and both came up with error saying bug found and would not open. I have included a screen shot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-112224_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20211121-112224_Device care.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: 1EagleDave
What versions of DJIGo and DJIGo4 are you using? Is it possible that they need updating?
Did you report this to DJI and T-Mobile and Samsung? Any response?

another example of the mistrust of upgrades in general.

I had originally downloaded from Google play store. After i installed the latest upgrade for my S21 Ultra I restarted my phone and opened the DGIGo app and would not open same for DGI GO 4. Next step removed both apps and re-downloaded the apps and same result, got the error about a bug in the software.
Finally I went to the DGI website and downloaded both apps and they are both working.

The android update is version 12 which was launched ln November. I went drone fishing yesterday and could not get the app to open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-191942_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20211127-191942_Email.jpg
    470.6 KB · Views: 362
The same thing happened on my Google Pixel 3. Djigo4 stopped working after the "automatic" upgrade to Android 12. I deleted the app, and found the app on playstore, dl'd it, installed, and it would not work. After a lot of time figuring out where to find it on DJI.com, I managed to download the APK file. It installed on my phone, and seems to be working. I will test it as soon as it stops raining tomorrow.

Thanks for your input, after I download from DJIs web site I thought everything had installed correctly although when I took the p3 drone fishing I could not get the app to open correctly. I worked on the security settings in my s21 today and finally made progress. P4 seems to connect without issues although my two p3s will only open if I act like I just installed the app. The app even makes me take the 10 question quiz before I can open it. I did a test flight and everything worked. 🙃

have you reported this to DJI? Since it happened with both my Google Pixel 3 with Verizon, and your Samsung T-Mobile, I am relatively sure it is a problem of the Android version 12 and DJI.
Anybody else on the forum having these issues?

its every DJI app that doesnt work currently with android 12 on a lot of phones, DJI have been made aware via the forum i beleive

I just loaded the t mobile samsung software S21 update today and tried to open my DJI GO 4 and my DJI GO apps after installing and both came up with error saying bug found and would not open. I have included a screen shot.
same exact message i received p4pv2 Samsung s20 droid 12

June 1, 2022 Samsung Update, once again, is blocking the DJI Go4 app from working on my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone. I got the same flash error about a bug. I also uninstalled, reinstalled, went to the Settings to ALLOW apk downloads to install, etc. I got nothing. Same issue: press the DJI Go4 App button, a quick flash and nothing. Won't boot or nothing.....HELP!

same exact message i received p4pv2 Samsung still not going so my first fly is still on hold after almost owning it for 2 years now i still cant get any apps to get it going the apk on dji forget it as well not taking. so useless drone now to me might as well sell it bought 3 extra batteries for it as well as numerous props with it and all the other extras i could find paid over 4 grand for this **** book end decoration iam just fed up with buying something this expensive and cannot even get it off the ground oh well....

Using S21 Ultra facing the same issue now again. The official apk downloaded from DJI doesn't work either.

I could not get the Go4 app to work, uninstalling and reinstall from DJI download Site. 4.3.50 does not work at all. I found a link to download version 4.3.48 in a youtube video and it works fine now.
It must be DJI version 4.3.50 that does not allow it to work on Android 12.
Hopefully this will help others.
BTW: my phone is a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.
Link to youtube.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Please let others know if this works for you.

May try some of these.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31