saltwater envirment on phatom 4

What about the salt water?

I haven't flown mine over the beach yet, but I am sure I will at some point. I plan to launch far enough back and fly it high enough to avoid the salty mist. Otherwise the cooling fans will be drawing the mist into the drone. I am sure that it would start corrosion on the parts immediately.

Last edited:
I flew my P4 at the beach last week. Sea mist wasn't an issue since I was flying at 100+ feet. The biggest problem I had was trying to find a day where the wind gusts weren't 30+ MPH.

I flew my P4 at the beach last week. Sea mist wasn't an issue since I was flying at 100+ feet. The biggest problem I had was trying to find a day where the wind gusts weren't 30+ MPH.

I know from my many trips to the beach in my Cessna, that early morning flights had smoother air and fewer thunderstorms. I planned most flights to arrive at the destination by noon.

High winds kept me from flying the drone for a few days last week. I am just south of Atlanta.

I think the P4 would have been just fine after I got it up into the air. The wind was too unpredictable in the area where I had to take off and land though. I didn't want to chance it.

bosnap, what exactly is your question?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20