Safety First,

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
I am fairly new to the Phantom 3 Adv. and Phantom 4, but have a little in air time under my belt, really only one incident and didn't crash either drone. But here is really what this is about. I have a friend who recently got his first P3 standard and he has very little time flying it, well today he said lets go to one of the lakes or down by the dam on Rock River, well I told him SAFETY is first with me for I will not take unthought of unplanned risks with mine, such as flying around a big steel bridges and Tall High Voltage wires and places you know that park police may take an interest in what you're doing, only in negative way. Secondly you have to have a safe place to take off and land, three , when flying in an unfamiliar place you best be able to keep your eyes on it, common sense right? I know he was thinking man there is know where to fly, and I told him, I told you , you don't just say I'm going to go here or there and fly especially with no fore thought. I have read way to may sad posts where guy's lost their Phantoms and usually do to poor planning and taking all the obvious safety precautions. We have a park we have flown many times and yea it becomes boring, I mean I don't need a hundred videos of the same area, but at least we are safe and more then likely be able to have safe flights. To learn from others misfortunes is a good way to learn rather then a spur of the moment idea of when and where to fly and lose the drone and maybe even in the river. Well he didn't respond back today so I guess he doesn't like how I think of safety First! I'd rather go out to fly and knowing he will be taking his P3 home instead of the RISKS of losing do to poor observations of where!
Thanks Guy's "Just A Thought"
SteveP55

Definitely ski within your limits, but it's enriching to move off the bunny hill and ski a Black Diamond trail.

Definitely ski within your limits, but it's enriching to move off the bunny hill and ski a Black Diamond trail.
Hi Clipper707
I agree, But, you must know when and where to keep your machine safe, I myself have flown lakes and rivers but my friend has never even flown out of sight, so that's why I was trying to get across to him being careful and not moving a head of his P3 knowledge base until he has more flight time under his belt, because if he crashes it or loses it he has no financial means to fix it or replace it. But I do agree with you when a baby bird decides to fly....HE jumps ! LOL Take Care My Friend
SteveP55

You have a point Steve, and I agree with you, walk before you run that way you enjoy your bird.

Hi grin factor,
A-Men, heck I've only had my two birds since early this spring and it took me months of flying and asking questions before I became confident and at times
I still get a little nervous like when I send the P3adv. or the P4 on a Litchi way point mission, I sit there thinking I hope she comes back LOL.
Thanks For your replay grin factor
Take Care Brother
SteveP55

Reactions: grin factor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav