Safe to update firmware with cable?

Reaction score
Just got my P3A :)

Quick question ,is it safe to update the firmware through the micro usb cable and not through removing the micro sd card?

I don't have an adapter to put it in my laptop

Thanks

Just got my P3A :)

Quick question ,is it safe to update the firmware through the micro usb cable and not through removing the micro sd card?

I don't have an adapter to put it in my laptop

Thanks
If you connect the camera to your laptop via a USB cable, and transfer the bin file that way, yes, it will work. You'll then need to connect the controller to the bird via USB cable in order to update the firmware on the controller.

Reactions: King Luff
I thought maybe transferring straight from the laptop via the cable? Thanks for the reply, will go and buy an adapter

You cannot transfer data from your laptop. See step #31 at my link above for more details.

thanks for the comments.

I believe i have updated the firmware to the lasted version but i am unsure. In the .txt file it reads this;

Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

"Result: Abort." what does this mean?

sorry for the n00b questions, want to make sure everything is fine before i put this bird up in the air!

The update aborted because it's already installed. You're good to go.

Reactions: King Luff
Thanks!

I have now copied the .bin file onto a usb stick and deleted the .txt file. Inserted into the transmitter and nothing happens just all LED's light up and that's it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have now copied the .bin file onto a usb stick and deleted the .txt file. Inserted into the transmitter and nothing happens just all LED's light up and that's it. Any ideas?
The controller should update off the DJI GO app.

This has now been resolved, initially I wasn't offered an update option through the app but then it just appeared, thanks for all the help people

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl