run away

Not that I know of. I did tear it down to replace the 3 in one. Don't remember if I had to unplug or deal with the gps.

I am getting the error "Bring the sticks to center and continue" with two different drones. And I'm not touching the sticks???

You had marginal GPS (with only 8-9 sats) for the early part of the flight, but this dropped to less than satisfactory from 1:59.4 until 7:32.9, which left your drone in atti mode.
Without GPS, the drone loses the ability to hold position and can drift with any wind.
It would still have been controllable, but you didn't do much to stop it being blown away.

The reason for the poor GPS sat numbers isn't clear.
In that area and at the height you flew there shouldn't have been any problem.
It should have been picking up 15 sats or more rather than 6-10.
Is there any metallic sticker on the top of the drone's shell?

Try flying somewhere a few miles away, in a large, open area and keep an eye on the sat numbers.
If it's low again, there may be a problem with the GPS receiver.
If you look at the flight log you will see that at 3min21.3 the distance from home was 12.7.
At 3min21.7 it was 450 feet from home. That is 383 feet in .5 seconds.

If you look at the flight log you will see that at 3min21.3 the distance from home was 12.7.
At 3min21.7 it was 450 feet from home. That is 383 feet in .5 seconds.
From 1:59.4, your GPS reliability dropped to 0/5.
The GPS receiver was still giving some data, but the flight controller recognised that it was unreliable.
With false position data, you also get false speed data.

From 1:59.4, your GPS reliability dropped to 0/5.
The GPS receiver was still giving some data, but the flight controller recognised that it was unreliable.
With false position data, you also get false speed data.
Looks as if once GPS gets dropped even if more satellites are picked up the drone ignores them.

Looks as if once GPS gets dropped even if more satellites are picked up the drone ignores them.
The flight controller is constantly looking at the GPS data and if while it is unreliable, the drone will not go back into P-GPS Mode.
GPS quality depends on more than just the number of satellites.

You had marginal GPS (with only 8-9 sats) for the early part of the flight, but this dropped to less than satisfactory from 1:59.4 until 7:32.9, which left your drone in atti mode.
Without GPS, the drone loses the ability to hold position and can drift with any wind.
It would still have been controllable, but you didn't do much to stop it being blown away.

The reason for the poor GPS sat numbers isn't clear.
In that area and at the height you flew there shouldn't have been any problem.
It should have been picking up 15 sats or more rather than 6-10.
Is there any metallic sticker on the top of the drone's shell?

Try flying somewhere a few miles away, in a large, open area and keep an eye on the sat numbers.
If it's low again, there may be a problem with the GPS receiver.
I just replaced the GPS module and antenna. Still getting "gps weak signal". Outside, I get 10 satellites and a few bars then no bars and 3 or 4 satellite.
Replaced total top with one from a working drone. Getting same error.
Any ideas?

I just replaced the GPS module and antenna. Still getting "gps weak signal". Outside, I get 10 satellites and a few bars then no bars and 3 or 4 satellite.
Replaced total top with one from a working drone. Getting same error.
Any ideas?
Bad connection between the GPS and mainboard?

Bad connection between the GPS and mainboard?
I replaced the fully functional top shell minus the 3 in 1 board. Had to use the one from the original top half. At the time replaced all flat ribbon cables. That should eliminate the path from gps through power distribution board to 3 in one. Could it be the 3 in one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.