Rules regarding low altitude flight

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Honest question here. After a quick search I couldn't find an answer so I'm posting it here. I know the answer is probably a big fat obvious NO, but I need to ask anyways. Are there any issues with flying your drone up to 30 feet in restricted airspace (specifically within 5 miles of an airport.) I couild get a pole and put my camera on it and get it up that high to get the same effect, but the drone is so much more convenient.

Again. I know the answer will probably be no way, but please let me know if you know differently =)

Thanks!

FS

Restricted is that from the ground UP!

Your camera on a pole can't RTH or go uncontrolled higher and further into restricted.

Should be good to go but if anything at all unexpected happens it’s going to be your fault. You put yourself at a big risk doing anything like this.

Reactions: BigAl07
Restricted Areas can go hot or cold without warning. Call Flight Service and ask. If it's cold (i.e. not in use) you may freely fly in Restricted Areas.

Reactions: BigAl07
..... Are there any issues with flying your drone up to 30 feet in restricted airspace (specifically within 5 miles of an airport.) I couild get a pole and put my camera on it and get it up that high to get the same effect, but the drone is so much more convenient.....
Note that there is a big difference between "restricted airspace" and airspace "within in 5 miles of an airport".

Airspace around an airport is possibly "controlled" airspace and probably isn't (although it might be) "restricted" airspace.

Hey Everyone,

Honest question here. After a quick search I couldn't find an answer so I'm posting it here. I know the answer is probably a big fat obvious NO, but I need to ask anyways. Are there any issues with flying your drone up to 30 feet in restricted airspace (specifically within 5 miles of an airport.) I couild get a pole and put my camera on it and get it up that high to get the same effect, but the drone is so much more convenient.

Again. I know the answer will probably be no way, but please let me know if you know differently =)

Thanks!

FS
Since this is an international forum and every countries rules differ it is pointless posting a question like this without including your country of intended operation - what location/country are you talking about?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl