Rule of Thirds with Sunsets

Reaction score
I've only had my Phantom 4 for one week, and have a question. I've noticed that when I tilt my camera toward the horizon to capture a sunset (in the furthest forward position) the horizon is in the middle of the image. I would prefer to have 2/3 sky and 1/3 land for the image, but I can't tilt my camera up any higher.

Is there an adjustment I can make that would allow me to point the camera higher vertically?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hello & welcome.

You should be ablate adjust the degree of angle up in the go app settings while connected to the quad.
Check the gimbal settings> advanced settings> enable upward gimbal tilt.

Here's the setting you need to enable in DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Enable-Upward-Gimbal-Tilt.png

Reactions: flyboy73
I've only had my Phantom 4 for one week, and have a question. I've noticed that when I tilt my camera toward the horizon to capture a sunset (in the furthest forward position) the horizon is in the middle of the image. I would prefer to have 2/3 sky and 1/3 land for the image, but I can't tilt my camera up any higher.

Is there an adjustment I can make that would allow me to point the camera higher vertically?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I wanted to tilt my camera above level as well. Msinger helped me with that problem some time ago also. It is useful for taking in some of the big thunderstorms of SW Florida. You may find that depending on wind conditions, and on how high you rotate the camera, you may see some blurry shots of your propellers in the upper corners. I have found the patch tool in Photoshop removes them quite well.

I wanted to tilt my camera above level as well. Msinger helped me with that problem some time ago also. It is useful for taking in some of the big thunderstorms of SW Florida. You may find that depending on wind conditions, and on how high you rotate the camera, you may see some blurry shots of your propellers in the upper corners. I have found the patch tool in Photoshop removes them quite well.
What tool are you using in PS @flyboy73 ?

I had this problem too before I did a complete Gimbal calibration on level land. I did this as part of a series of calibrations that day .. but after that day I was able to tilt my gimbal up for pictures above the horizon. .. I was super excited :)

Good luck with your Sunsets. Here is a panoramic one I took before that adjustment.
DJI_0687 - DJI_0693.jpg

The setting in my screenshot above is permanent until you change it again in DJI GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20