Rth tests

Reaction score
Last night I took her out to try some waypoint missions with intent to disconnect, complete mission and rth. I had a few tech issues with litchi and during game a djigo flight, I will disconnected and it never regained connection. It never triggered the rth. Now I did emeediatly start flying her back as I still had control . The tablet wS frozen and a big red disconnected at top.

If the ac becomes disconnected , can you still manually trigger rth?

I need to fully test and understand rth functions on both djigo and litchi.
I plan to go to beach at end of da. Still light out and do some tests.
Litchi: run a waypoint mission till it disconnects and see if it does complete mission. Run litchi in FPV mode and disconnect to trigger rth.
Djigo: run till disconnects to trigger rth.
Manually trigger with tablet or toggle s1.

Am I getting paranoid? I just want to understand exactly how and why and no for sure that it will and when.

If you turn off RC during flight, does it trigger rth?

Mike

Hiw the AC behaves when signal is lost depends on your RTH settings, i.e RTH, land or hover.

I don't know how you might expect to manually initiate RTH with lost signal- if you truly have lost the control link there is no hope of the RTH command reaching the AC.

Turning off the AC will cause lost signal and the AC will commence RTH if you have set that behaviour as the lost connection setting.

Litchi missions will continue to the last set waypoint with lost signal (subject to available battery).

I suggest you thoroughly tead the RTH section of the DJI manual for your AC.

Understand action for signal loss.
That's what I was getting at. So if it goes out of distance and disconnects. I can't manually trigger rth. It would have to do it itself? That's what I'm afraid of testing.
As mentioned, I was disconnected but still had control so maybe wasn't fully disconnected to trigger rth.

Understand action for signal loss.
That's what I was getting at. So if it goes out of distance and disconnects. I can't manually trigger rth. It would have to do it itself? That's what I'm afraid of testing.
As mentioned, I was disconnected but still had control so maybe wasn't fully disconnected to trigger rth.
If you could initiate RTH from the remote you had an active control link, the app was probably just reporting an issue with the video downlink.

If you loose control signal the AC will honour the lost connection action set (i won't labour on wih an explanation you are seemingly clear on this). The exception of course is when the AC is executing an LCMC action. It may still return part mission subject to battery level and your smart go home settings.

I would read the manual again and practice in an open obstacle free area so you are comfortable. I wouldn't be flying LCMC missions in Litchi or any app until you are confident what to expect.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl