RTH not recorded.

Reaction score
Hi all, just been out for an hour with my p3s,1st battery home point recorded,2nd and 3rd batteries home point not recorded.3 flights all at the exact same location ?? the two batteries that did not record home point are not dji,but I have flown with them before with no problems any ideas,thanks in advance.

Did you takeoff before acquiring enough satellites for the home point to be recorded in the last 2 flights?

Perhaps it recorded but you just didn't hear a voice confirmation. That scenario has been noted here on the forum numerous times.

Were you able to see on your screen that a HP was showing or not?

I did a hot swap test of batterys for flight other day. Flew battery ... landed at home point ... left all powered up except AC .. unplugged first battery - plugged in second. AC locked onto RC and all was fine ... and voice only said home point recorded when I moved the AC slightly before take off.

I am not saying Home point does not record each battery change - but it was strange that it took a move of the AC to trigger the voice.
I didn't actually think about it till reading the OP here ... made me remember ...

I think I still have the unedited video ... if so I will cut and upload the relevant bit ...

Nigel

Can we take a look at your flight logs?

Your flight logs will show if the home point was recorded.

:grin:you could if I could figure out how to get them up,sorry but I'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to computers and stuff

You can find instructions here.

That's referring to the mobile device you used to run DJI GO.

Reactions: Munich97
You know, just thinking about this with no data to confirm as of yet, I wonder if the "Ready to Fly" message appeared and an immediate takeoff occured, prior to the home point update. I have had a few times that it would take another 30 seconds, or thereabouts for the audible announcement, or the positioning arrow to show up.........just thinking in my head.

Sorry to everyone,i cant figure out getting the logs onto my pc.but I have looked at them and the flights that I'm talking about just say rth altitude 50m and taking off.

You can upload from your device, if you connected to internet. If not, upload a screen shot of what you are looking at. I don't think you are looking at the actual flight log. Could be wrong.....

Sorry to everyone,i cant figure out getting the logs onto my pc.but I have looked at them and the flights that I'm talking about just say rth altitude 50m and taking off.
It's extremely unlikely that your Phantom did not record a home point and it's more unlikely that this had anything to do with particular batteries.
The Phantom does that automatically as soon as it gets GPS reception.
What makes you think it did not record the home point?

Your flight data would clearly show whether or not the home point was recorded.
To share your flight data, you need to go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl