RTH in P-ATTI Mode

Reaction score
Can RTH be activated in P-ATTI mode, it does not say in the manual, it says it can in A mode Attitude but doesn't state if it can in P-ATTI. yesterday my craft lost satellite lock and went into P-ATTI mode, i was wondering if that happened at 1000mtrs out would i be able to activate RTH.

RTH is a GPS function which required satellite lock when you took off and also requires the GPS function to RTH. If you are still in communication with the plane and you can flip to GPS mode then go to Failsafe you can get it to RTH.

This is what i thought, but on page 11 in the manual it says RTH can activated in A mode attitude mode when gps is not used.

Is works in ATTI mode as well IF you have satellites. I tested it the other day, suggest you do as well. Just make sure you are nice and close to the bird then activate RTH or turn off the controller as I did. I was always under the impression that is was a GPS only function so was extra careful about range when in ATTI mode, but guess I don't need to worry about that anymore.

You had a minor glitch that caused a temporary loss of GPS but it came back immediately you moved the Phantom.
It's very unlikely that you would fully lose GPS lock unless you go under cover or dive into a narrow canyon.
The lightbridge gives you complete control much further out than 1000 metres. If somehow you were to properly lose GPS, you could still pilot your Phantom home.
But your hypothetical scenario is quite unlikely.

Good idea to practice in Atti so you don't need to depend on satellites....

Just to be clear. If the user has the craft in atti mode, RTH works just fine.

RTH is independent of whatever mode you were flying in before you switched to RTH by pressing and holding button on controller, pressing button and swiping on the screen in the DJI Pilot app, turning OFF your control, or your P3 losing connection with your control for about 10+ seconds.
On the P2 you could set RTH as the bottom position of the right switch. 1. GPS, 2. Atti, 3. RTH... So how could you be in either GPS or ATTI and ALSO be in RTH? Think about it :)
When P3 goes into RTH mode it has to have enough gps satellites to know it's current position and continue to know it's current position as it navigates back to the home point that was set at takeoff.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic