RTH Failed

Reaction score
A few days ago I was flying my p3s when I clicked RTH, when the drone was returning it completely disconnected and drifted out of sight, despite djigo app saying the drone was directly above me. The drone is since been lost and I am unable to find it after searching the area. I contacted dji support where they replied with the image attached and couldn’t provide any explanation or help. Is their any other way of finding the drone and is this a drone malfunction or piloting. Thanks

Attachments

• 6A086232-ED87-4C71-AD8A-1B959E2484DC.png
    6A086232-ED87-4C71-AD8A-1B959E2484DC.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 323
Try uploading your flight log to here: DJI Flight Log Viewer
Others can take a look if you provide a link back here.....lets see what happened...

A few days ago I was flying my p3s when I clicked RTH, when the drone was returning it completely disconnected and drifted out of sight, despite djigo app saying the drone was directly above me. The drone is since been lost and I am unable to find it after searching the area. I contacted dji support where they replied with the image attached and couldn’t provide any explanation or help. Is their any other way of finding the drone and is this a drone malfunction or piloting. Thanks
RTH is usually very reliable but there are a number of possible causes of a lost Phantom during RTH.
To solve the mystery of what happened with yours, we'll need to see the recorded flight data.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: bradym512
If it disconnects on automatic return to home then it will reconnect again. If its above you then it will take longer for it to get signal as the RC is not feeding any signal to the drone. Chances are it was already landing. How long did you wait around before you left?

While we're waiting for you to upload your flight log info, may I ask, did you modify your controller at all - even a little bit (e.g. a rubber band on the right stick)?

I saw your post on facebook. You have to post your flight record and i noted you had posted a screen shot of your flight record as well. You better post them here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers