RTH and distance wrong

When using the RTH feature, choosing to return to the last marked home point should resolve the issue too.

Wow, this is scary, I have never changed my home point after take off, (haven't needed) but I will be watching this thread. This problem is only if you reset the home point correct?
Does must of the postings think it is software?

Rod

Hello from France !

Simple test.
If you use DJIGo without RC and without drone, you can see that the position where he locates you is false, he locates at 1.2 km West-North-West from the real position.
If you use GoogleMap or Litchi, the position is good, not with DJIGo.

It is definitively a real and heavy bug of the DJIGo app.

Dont use anymore DJIGo until they fixe this issue

Phantom 3 Pro flying away to a 1.2 km away random HP

I juste desinstall the 3.1.2 djigo app and reinstall the 3.1.1 version.
Non more bug, nickel as we say in France.

Reactions: rubbadadolphin
Wow, this is scary, I have never changed my home point after take off, (haven't needed) but I will be watching this thread. This problem is only if you reset the home point correct?
Does must of the postings think it is software?

Rod
The issue occurs when you do a rth.
The app doesnt see the good position of the RC and asks you if you want to change the home point and that new position is at 1200m at the west.
You can see the bug by starting djigo 3.1.2 without RC and without drone. You will see that your position is false.
Maybe only with Android, I don't know...
The bug disappears with the 3.1.1 version.

I have this issue when using a Nexus 7 2nd gen, however it's fine with my iPhone 6, what I've noticed the here map on the nexus in DJI go app the location isn't actually where you mine is about 1mile out of sync but the iPhone is spot on with its location, is this just happening with android devices

Use to be they were having issues with getting a good FW, at least the Go app was solid. Not anymore, now with the Android version at least it can't be trusted. I still use 3.0.1 works good, has Google maps, why change.

Yes i tested also
DjiGo 3.1.1 and 3.1.2

3.1.1 My Actual position
Screenshot_2017_01_25_10_07_00_043_dji_pilot.png

Screenshot_2017_01_25_12_03_07_375_dji_pilot.png

Screenshot_2017_01_25_10_07_00_043_dji_pilot.png

wew ...

The issue occurs when you do a rth.
The app doesnt see the good position of the RC and asks you if you want to change the home point and that new position is at 1200m at the west.
You can see the bug by starting djigo 3.1.2 without RC and without drone. You will see that your position is false.
Maybe only with Android, I don't know...
The bug disappears with the 3.1.1 version.

Last edited:
I was having issues with RTH and the app asking use current location. I did a recalibrate GPS and then it seemed to work when I tested the RTH feature. I'm going to the mountains tomorrow, I hope it doesn't have a problem our there...

I was having issues with RTH and the app asking use current location. I did a recalibrate GPS and then it seemed to work when I tested the RTH feature. I'm going to the mountains tomorrow, I hope it doesn't have a problem our there...
That would be the compass or IMU calibration not GPS.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do not test anymore the RTH function with the 3.1.2 Android version.
It is definitively the best manner to lose your Jacky (the little name of my P3S).

I also looked and confirmed my "Home Point" is KMs away on Android GO 3.1.2. (DJI 4 seems ok even on Android) So why doesn't DJI announce an immediate patch to this quite dangerous BUG?

I also looked and confirmed my "Home Point" is KMs away on Android GO 3.1.2. (DJI 4 seems ok even on Android) So why doesn't DJI announce an immediate patch to this quite dangerous BUG?
I finally got smart and turned off the auto update on both of my devices I use for drone flying. Ones on 3.0 and the other 3.0.1 Both work well and both still have Google Maps.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic