RTH Altitude

on the topic of hand catching. i can see it being useful but i really dont want to risk messing up.

to keep my phantom away from dust etc when i land i built a landing table. i used some old camera tripod and attached a platform to it. its like a table and i can pack it up and take it with me everywhere i go. i land gently on it and my phantom stays clean. [emoji4]

I have not seen conditions that warrant hand catching. Unless it's a steady wind at absolute ground level, there's always a break to land the bird properly. A boat, ok. But almost all other times, you can land normally.

Wait. RTH is in meters regardless? Mine is set to 150 feet (I thought) If that was the case and it was really 150 meters then that would be approx 450 feet?? (which it is not) Or would it be 50 meters which would be approx equivalent to 150 feet. Can you verify? Thanks.
Set it for 50 and confirm. Set it to 150 and be prepared to watch a long flight up.

Set it for 50 and confirm. Set it to 150 and be prepared to watch a long flight up.
I'm kinda in the middle of those, at 90 meters. We have lots of cell towers here that are 200 feet high, not counting some with other antennas atop that add to that height.

Long grass
Uneven ground
Windy

Those are all good enough reasons.
And dust, sand, or ferrous soil which will be attracted to the motors magnets:D:D:D. -- and also don't forget mud, rocky ledges :D:D:D:D

My vision 2 + is set for 150. Says feet in the assistant and feet in my DJI and Litchi app. When I use RTH it is very close to that and also says feet on the screen. If it WAS 450 feet which is equivalent to approx 150 meters it would be a LOT higher then it is. I must disagree with that statement. But maybe it is different on the Phantom 3. But Vision 2+ is definitely feet.

my phantom 3a is set to 100m but i allways look around my fly area just incase i need to adjust.. my dji go app is run on a ipad 2 mini and is defo in meters.

I must disagree with that statement. But maybe it is different on the Phantom 3. But Vision 2+ is definitely feet.
Lots of differences from the 2 to the 3 and this is one of them.
But it's easy for anyone to test if they are interested.
Set your RTH to 25, fly it out 20+ metres and initiate RTH.
Does it climb to 25 feet or 80 feet?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31