RTH altidude setting

Reaction score
How do you set anew RTH altitude? I have tried several times ant it won't set the altitude.

Thanks ;)

dub3 said:
How do you set anew RTH altitude? I have tried several times ant it won't set the altitude.
What have you tried?
You can set manually by setting a new home point up in the air.
Or you do it in the app (latest version), under settings where it says RTH altitude.

I delete the 0.0 current setting and enter 100 and also 100.0 ft then tap return and the altitude indicates 0.0 if I tap the check mark I get a message altitude set failed.

I am hesitant to use RTH for fear the unit will desend to the takeoff altitude before trying to return home

Without setting any RTH alt in the app, the Phantom in a RTH situation will climb to 20 metres above home point before it comes home - as in the manual. The app setting (if it works) is one way to overide the default setting and you can do that easily by resetting a new home point up at a safe altitude to allow for trees etc.

meta4,
how do you reset the home point in the air? i presume the new RTH altitude would be 20 meters higher then the new home point

mine wouldn't take either until it was connected via wifi to my Phantom. Once it was connected, everything worked for me.

Hpdb301 said:
mine wouldn't take either until it was connected via wifi to my Phantom. Once it was connected, everything worked for me.

This is cool.... Fellow pilot registers to help someone get the right needed info. :D

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe I read somewhere that with the new firmware you could not mark a Home Point anymore like using the S2 option.

Btw, setting your RTH Altitude is really something you do based on your surroundings. I would suggest you set this height at something know will clear everything with no doubts. I also think this is something that will easily forgotten about. So....should you go somewhere to fly away from your normal area and then forget about your RTH Altitude settings, is a good reason to set it high from the get-go.

Toggling S2 for a new home point still works for me with the latest firmware.

flyNfrank said:
Hpdb301 said:

This is cool.... Fellow pilot registers to help someone get the right needed info. :D

I haven't tried it yet, but I believe I read somewhere that with the new firmware you could not mark a Home Point anymore like using the S2 option.

Btw, setting your RTH Altitude is really something you do based on your surroundings. I would suggest you set this height at something know will clear everything with no doubts. I also think this is something that will easily forgotten about. So....should you go somewhere to fly away from your normal area and then forget about your RTH Altitude settings, is a good reason to set it high from the get-go.

Let's hope not!!!
That would leave P2 pilots out of luck unless the s/w detects what model Phantom it's in.

(I have a P2 and have yet to upgrade)

I've set mine to 35metres using asist, worked on both batteries yesterday (p2 non-vision)

What about using S2 cause that also includes the position/location (in the field)?

I would just like to be clear what RTH Altitude actually means. Does it mean that the P2 will ascend or descend to the specified altitude - above the home starting point altitude - before descending directly down to home point?

Thanks
Rick

rickasaurus said:
I would just like to be clear what RTH Altitude actually means. Does it mean that the P2 will ascend or descend to the specified altitude - above the home starting point altitude - before descending directly down to home point?

Thanks
Rick
It will not descend, only ascend to the specified height. If it is higher than the specified height it will maintain that height.

phantomi said:
rickasaurus said:

Thanks
Rick
It will not descend, only ascend to the specified height. If it is higher than the specified height it will maintain that height.

But, if dynamic home point is in use and smart devices does not have altimeter, what is the refence level?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl