Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Let me clarify .... I ask because there are competing products coming to market at some point in the not-to-distant future ... perhaps even from DJI.
So I'm suggesting the consumers, like me, might want to know if my #833 is likely to show up at my door in December, long after a quite suitable model might be here by June.

Funny was just giving the Phantom facebook group a "mention" if they are just going to continually complain and whine while waiting for RP, ... given they communicated whats doing, said if you cant wait or be patient, dont purchase .....HELL they even had a checkbox on the website saying as much ... SO please by all means cancel your orders, get a refund and move us patient people higher up the list ... IM OVER IT, ..... any further moaning on this thread and I will flame out and blow a gasket.... seriously people get a life OR another gimbal for christs sake.

Can anyone confirm when the last update from Rotor Pixel was? I would appreciate some up to date info on progress.

.[/quote]

Im going to have to agree on this one. I fully think this product is excellent but the lack of communication and any really concrete answer as to when things will be moving along is getting old. Now before the fan boys jump on me and say "you clicked that button to be patient," let me be clear. Waiting a month for something is patience. This is getting ridiculous. And how many days are we going to have to read that our savior is traveling back from whale watching. Is the dude traveling by steamship or hot air balloon? Last I checked air travel is pretty quick. I've emailed days ago regarding status and have heard nothing like the rest of us that have asked. If I can't get this thing by June, which in my opinion is more than patient enough, Im canceling my order and I wont loose a wink of sleep over it. Im all for proper design and testing, but when a HUGE amount of dough is invested and nobody seems to have any idea what's really happening, I tend to get a little sketched out. It really feels like there is literally 2 guys in a basement trying to run this company and that makes me nervous. Again, this product is great, but the way things have been handled sucks. We should be getting DAILY updates.

Ok, rant over. Im just sick of waiting. Dude, hire some people and get this thing handled.....PLEASE.[/quote]

+1 well said ok hes gone but does his staff all go home when hes gone or is there no staff get it together and act like a business not a hippi in a garage

GMANNZ said:
Funny was just giving the Phantom facebook group a "mention" if they are just going to continually complain and whine while waiting for RP, ... given they communicated whats doing, said if you cant wait or be patient, dont purchase .....HELL they even had a checkbox on the website saying as much ... SO please by all means cancel your orders, get a refund and move us patient people higher up the list ... IM OVER IT, ..... any further moaning on this thread and I will flame out and blow a gasket.... seriously people get a life OR another gimbal for christs sake.

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for updates on status of production, seeing as the initial roll out was supposed to be 100 units the first week....That never happened that anyone here can tell. If we're at 365 now....3-4 weeks late ?...asking for updates at this juncture is not unreasonable, in light of the facts.

The Rookie

grochester said:
It was with some regret and trepidation that today I cancelled my RP gimbal and ordered a Taco Supreme. I'm really pulling for RP, partly because they are Canadian and partly because I think the RP gimbal will turn out to be a better gimbal than the Taco. However, the Taco will meet my needs for now and by the time I outgrow it I'm sure UAV/Drone technology will have moved on and the P2V, gimbal and all, will be yet another technological paperweight along with my Palm Pilot, innumerable cell phones, tablets, cameras and laptops.

You may not have considered the fact that the RP gimbal can be readily migrated to your next aerial platform, it is not in any way dependent on the P2V or it's camera.

I have had one on order since the morning of day one. It is really this simple for me, I get this gimbal or something comes out just as good and I cancel my order or I loose my money because they already have it and never deliver.

RCRookie said:
GMANNZ said:

I don't think its unreasonable to ask for updates on status of production, seeing as the initial roll out was supposed to be 100 units the first week....That never happened that anyone here can tell. If we're at 365 now....3-4 weeks late ?...asking for updates at this juncture is not unreasonable, in light of the facts.

The Rookie

It was 100 units in the first production run - I didn't read anywhere that the first run was only going to take a week to complete. Something along the lines of "we have the parts for the first batch of 100 units now and will begin production". Now some 6 weeks later 64 units have shipped, some 2/3 of that first batch and there is a small delay due to a QC issue that appeared and is being dealt with. I would expect we will see additional units ship by the end of the week, and hopefully a higher production the following week. I'm looking forward to receiving my shipping notice in the next week or two.

wp6529 said:
It was 100 units in the first production run - I didn't read anywhere that the first run was only going to take a week to complete. Something along the lines of "we have the parts for the first batch of 100 units now and will begin production". Now some 6 weeks later 64 units have shipped, some 2/3 of that first batch and there is a small delay due to a QC issue that appeared and is being dealt with. I would expect we will see additional units ship by the end of the week, and hopefully a higher production the following week. I'm looking forward to receiving my shipping notice in the next week or two.

Just to be clear, #346 was the first gimbal confirmed shipped to a member of this forum. Keri did mention that "10 lucky individuals" received gimbals before this (though no one on this forum).

It was never said that orders began at 300. It's likely that 34 gimbals have been shipped, at most.

wp6529 said:
You may not have considered the fact that the RP gimbal can be readily migrated to your next aerial platform, it is not in any way dependent on the P2V or it's camera.

What other platforms are readily compatible with this gimbal?

wp6529 said:
grochester said:
It was with some regret and trepidation that today I cancelled my RP gimbal and ordered a Taco Supreme. I'm really pulling for RP, partly because they are Canadian and partly because I think the RP gimbal will turn out to be a better gimbal than the Taco. However, the Taco will meet my needs for now and by the time I outgrow it I'm sure UAV/Drone technology will have moved on and the P2V, gimbal and all, will be yet another technological paperweight along with my Palm Pilot, innumerable cell phones, tablets, cameras and laptops.

Can't help but think that things like this http://flyingeyes.com/ are going to bring rapid changes. DJI may well be one of those that advances the technology as well. As the sophistication of UAVs advances there will be high end equipment with features we have not yet considered. For the hobbiest, the sophisticated technology of today will be the modest technology of tomorrow. Just think of the DSLR camera evolution. When I bought a Canon Rebel in 2006 it was great for $1000. or so. Today, for much less than that you can get a phenomenally sophisticated camera with 4K video and lots of bells and whistles. Same thing will happen with UAVs. Personally, I decided that the market is going to move too fast to wait an extended period for a gimbal. I want to get better quality output from my P2V now before it becomes a boat anchor so I switched to a Taco. That's not necessarily the course for everyone, but fortunately it's an option that's open.

fraub said:
I have had one on order since the morning of day one. It is really this simple for me, I get this gimbal or something comes out just as good and I cancel my order or I loose my money because they already have it and never deliver.

If you used a credit card for your order, you will not lose your money as the credit card company has to make good on your charge if the goods never arrive. The debate would then be between the credit card company and the company that failed to ship the product.

Have those of you who urgently want ETA's made any attempts to write, email, or call RotorPixel or Keri with your invoice# and asked for it? Or is it not that important or worth bothering with? Are you afraid if you ask or complain they'll penalize your ETA? I suppose it's easier to sit behind a screen name to *****, belittle and otherwise bully & embarrass them into responding rather than deal with them directly. You're right, it def gets their attention. It worked with DJI, right?

It's just a shame it had to takeover what was once an informative thread and burn it to the ground to turn it into a complaint thread. I used to look forward to getting thread alerts from Geert's (OP) thread and learn more about the RotorPixel with each new post. Now they're are more wet-blanket/broken record alerts than any posts of use or value. It would be great if those of you who got them could post some more videos.

So contacting RotorPixel directly, anyone? I know some of you have had success cuz you've posted what they've said. No worries, I'm sure Keri will be along as soon as he stows his flippers and address all your latest upsets & concerns (same as your last round of upsets & concerns, yes?) But I'd say its safe to say belittling the man doesn't exactly send the right signal or roll out the welcome mat to encourage him back, no?

iDrone

iDrone said:
Have those of you who urgently want ETA's made any attempts to write, email, or call RotorPixel or Keri with your invoice# and asked for it? Or is it not that important or worth bothering with? Are you afraid if you ask or complain they'll penalize your ETA? I suppose it's easier to sit behind a screen name to *****, belittle and otherwise bully & embarrass them into responding rather than deal with them directly. You're right, it def gets their attention. It worked with DJI, right?

It's just a shame it had to takeover what was once an informative thread and burn it to the ground to turn it into a complaint thread. I used to look forward to getting thread alerts from Geert's (OP) thread and learn more about the RotorPixel with each new post. Now they're are more wet-blanket/broken record alerts than any posts of use or value. It would be great if those of you who got them could post some more videos.

So contacting RotorPixel directly, anyone? I know some of you have had success cuz you've posted what they've said. No worries, I'm sure Keri will be along as soon as he stows his flippers and address all your latest upsets & concerns (same as your last round of upsets & concerns, yes?) But I'd say its safe to say belittling the man doesn't exactly send the right signal or roll out the welcome mat to encourage him back, no?

iDrone

Well said m8

Pull_Up said:
...........as people seem to want to know the hour their gimbals are coming. ;)

What on earth makes you think that pmsl !!

:lol:

iDrone I think what's pissing everybody off is its like Keri has dropped off the face of the earth. His projections were way off and he ran into unforseen problems . So if anything that requires more of an update to let people know what's going on. He's not responding to anything. Which is just making people more nervous.

Phantom 2 Vision, Ragecams 5.4 flat lens, Rotorpixel gimbal (on order #384)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl