Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
Geert said:
Just got a phone call from the custom office, they will deliver this afternoon AFTER I PAY 111,50 EURO. :shock:

Seems that others had more luck with the customs.

:( :( :(

Bloody hell m8 that sounds a little excessive !!!! :shock:

It was even a bit more 111,76 Euro or $153

I am pissed !!!

:|

Wow, feel for you Geert.

Pull_Up or anybody else in the UK who has had theirs, how much tax did you guys have to pay?

P.S Simon I've just got the feeling back in my hands, note to self, remember gloves next time. ;)

Geert said:
pyrophantom said:
Geert said:
Just got a phone call from the custom office, they will deliver this afternoon AFTER I PAY 111,50 EURO. :shock:

Seems that others had more luck with the customs.

:( :( :(

Bloody hell m8 that sounds a little excessive !!!! :shock:

It was even a bit more 111,76 Euro or $153

I am pissed !!!

:|

Is this a greece thing ?? that is super expensive for tax

Geert said:
I don't know, maybe the Greek government ned more money as they are almost bankrupt.

Anyway the installation was easy so far.
Pitch control is working through 7th channel.
But no wifi on my screen, can't find it, also no led on the camera.

Any ideas ?

Geert.

You either don't have the camera power plug all the way in or your gimbal is a defect like mine. Make sure your power is off and battery out and try pushing in the power plugs. If you power up and the camera light comes on, your OK. If not, write to Keri.

Hope yours is OK.

I can only speak for the UK, so all these figures only refer to here. If you get hit with charges at all then they will be:

Import Duty 5% (although depends what code HMRC use, could be anywhere between 4 and 6);
VAT at the standard rate (20% in the UK);
Handling charge - either £8 or £13 (if you go for the 4 day service it will be the latter).

So assuming today's exchange rate for £/$ that would be:

Gimbal cost: £235
Import duty: £11.75
VAT: £47
Handling: £8 (if choose slower option)

So the cost EX SHIPPING (because that'll be different depending on what service you went for) £301

Shipping options at current exchange rates are either: £12.12, £30.31 or £45.47

Or you could get lucky like one user reported and get the parcel without any customs charges or import duty and therefore have paid only £235+shipping.

Comparison prices:
Dronexpert: No import duties, they apply Dutch VAT @ 21% at source. 549.34 euro delivered. At today's rates: £458

Taco-RC 3d printed plug and play: With "expedited" shipping $299.90
Gimbal cost £182, Import duty £9.10, VAT £36.40, Handling £13, Total: £240.50

So it's a question of choosing your favoured price point, delivery lead-time, construction material, mounting method, upgradability and accessories availability, whether you want it tuned out of the box, portability... the list goes on.

Pays your money, takes your choice! But very approximately it's about £100 all in between Taco and Rotorpixel, then another £110 to Dronexpert (assuming in all cases you get charged the fees you should. One lucky punter got his Rotorpixel for less than the price of a Taco one with all charges...) :)

It looks like your gimbal is powered so that's a good thing. Disconnect all power and reconnect camera directly as stock and test, if the camera works then this is a new problem. Also your rubber damper balls are not inserted correctly! the camera side is correct the Phantom side has not been inserted!

lol I see that. They will be selling them single. I'll replace the one on my P2. I guess people holding out for a DJI Vision gimbal are out of luck. Since my number for rotorpixel is 682 it will be a while, at least I can get something new in the meantime.

Yep looks like they will be: http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-zenmuse-h3 ... 1361-p.asp

The Zenmuse 2D is currently available for around £230-£250 in the UK as a standalone unit, so the pricing for the 3rd axis will be interesting. But like you say, if they had a retro-fit Vision version in the wings then I would have assumed it would have surfaced by now.

• Multirotor (currently support) - WooKong-M, NAZA-M V1, NAZA-M V2, Phantom 2
• Heli (will support) - Ace One, WooKong-H, NAZA-H
• NAZA-M LITE not supported
Notice: NAZA-M V1 and Phantom users must use NAZA-M V2 PMU

Wonder if it's a function of the Vision's modified Naza that means none of the stock stuff will work - I see they mention the P2 specifically, as well as standalone NAZAs (except the LITE). One of the main issues, looking at the product photo, is that it would be too low for the stock Vision - as well as coming up with a mount that works with the the FC200 they'd need to offer some sort of landing gear extensions or replacements as part of any retro-fit kit...

Pull_Up said:
Actually I'm not interested in adjusting yaw rate, I'm interested in adjusting the gain to reduce the sharpness of the yaw response to corrections in crosswinds - it can spin around as fast as before as far as I'm concerned.

EDITED to add that because yaw doesn't have an adjustable attitude gain value I'm working on the (possibly wrong until I experiment) assumption that changing basic yaw gain will dull down the aircraft reaction to any change in the yaw axis, be it from stick input or environment...

I adjusted the yaw gains of my P2V to 60% to see what difference it would make... Got up at 5 AM to catch day with only light winds. Result of adjustment: HEAVY jittering on the yaw axis! I thought the P2V was broken, or I had badly damaged the rotors during transport, until I remembered I had tinkered with the gains :) Too bad, it was a really nice day for a video...

When Keri returns to Toronto...He will be amazed how Production has ramped up!

1s9g.jpg

I'm suffering from "Gimbalitis"....the only cure is receipt of a shipping notification. :lol:

The Rookie

tedw123 said:
Randito3 said:
FYI DJI has just released a 3 axis gimbal for phantom 2

Here is the link to the release information

http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-re ... muse-h3-3d

I'm a newcomer to the gimbal world. So the 3rd axis will keep camera facing forward if you spin the aircraft? What's the big advantage/point?

When you turn left or right using the yaw stick it will soften the movement as opposed to a sudden left or right turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT