Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Ah see how I cunningly and strategically placed myself at 654 just incase of these eventualities lol

:lol:

Rotorpixel said:
We have around 25 gimbals that were ready to go out today, but the string of problems that were reported over the past few days have set us back while we evaluate the issues and send out replacement parts. Order #XXXXXXX365 and beyond have several new quality control checks instituted to ensure that the problems made aware to us will not be present anymore.

Are you still expecting to get the 25 units shipped today following their QC checks? Looking forward to seeing a shipping confirmation in my inbox ;)

BManCan said:
Rotorpixel said:
We have around 25 gimbals that were ready to go out today, but the string of problems that were reported over the past few days have set us back while we evaluate the issues and send out replacement parts. Order #XXXXXXX365 and beyond have several new quality control checks instituted to ensure that the problems made aware to us will not be present anymore.

Are you still expecting to get the 25 units shipped today following their QC checks? Looking forward to seeing a shipping confirmation in my inbox ;)

Good catch BManCan.

"25 gimbals that were ready to go out today"

I missed that reading the post on my small i5 screen. Might not get that shipping notification today after all.

MikeySoft said:
Geert said:
I was hoping to get mine today but it is still at the custom office.
Have to wait until Monday I guess.
Looking forward to install the gimbal and hope I won't have any problems. :?
Maybe RotorPixel can post or email a procedure to check for the short on gimbals shipped before the new QA was added?

I agree with Mike, best to wait until Keri provides you with a self QA test prior to installing the Gimbal. I know I'll be replacing my Central Circuit Board.... no fun. :(

MattOlieman said:
MikeySoft said:
Geert said:
Maybe RotorPixel can post or email a procedure to check for the short on gimbals shipped before the new QA was added?

I agree with Mike, best to wait until Keri provides you with a self QA test prior to installing the Gimbal. I know I'll be replacing my Central Circuit Board.... no fun. :(

Be sure to make as many notes and photos of the connectors as possible. I wrote DJI Euope to get wiring diagram, answer was "doesn't exist, you're not supposed to open Phantom"(!)

Wrong wiring will result in this: http://youtu.be/iZkb1475Scg

MattOlieman said:
MikeySoft said:
Geert said:

Just wondering... Is RP picking up the tab for your CCB or at least refunding some of your gimbal purchase price to offset the cost?

DKDarkness said:
Be sure to make as many notes and photos of the connectors as possible. I wrote DJI Euope to get wiring diagram, answer was "doesn't exist, you're not supposed to open Phantom"(!)

Love how they moved off the hard surface pad after the first explosion. :lol:

gfredrone said:
DKDarkness said:

Love how they moved off the hard surface pad after the first explosion. :lol:

And added prop guards, yes :) still broke two props on the second run, though :-(

DKDarkness said:

gfredrone said:
Just wondering... Is RP picking up the tab for your CCB or at least refunding some of your gimbal purchase price to offset the cost?

I'm in contact with Keri and my impression is, Keri will take care of me.

MattOlieman said:
MikeySoft said:
Geert said:

Many users may not have an ohm meter. So maybe RP could send emails to ones still in transit before the new QA procedure. The email could have a RMA number along with a prepaid mail sticker to return the item. Once the gimbal is returned, they will send a new one that have been checked for the short. They will put the returned one into QA for shipments for later orders. That way the additional wait time will be as short as possible.

I'm not sure how international prepaid mail sticker, duty, VAT works with this suggestion.

jjwags said:
I'm 767 - sheesh - I could still be weeks away.... :cry:

Although things may be working to my advantage, I'm still gritting my teeth as its Spring where I am and being 10 minutes from wildlife refuge where I shot the majority of the Landscape/Nature photos and aerials www.tedwphotography.com, it's torture not being able to shoot video! I'm 456 and at the 25 per week scenario looks like a few more weeks, about 9 week lead time.

tedw123 said:
jjwags said:
I'm 767 - sheesh - I could still be weeks away.... :cry:

Although things may be working to my advantage, I'm still gritting my teeth as its Spring where I am and being 10 minutes from wildlife refuge where I shot the majority of the Landscape/Nature photos and aerials http://www.tedwphotography.com, it's torture not being able to shoot video! I'm 456 and at the 25 per week scenario looks like a few more weeks, about 9 week lead time.

The Vision does shoot video out of the box, you know :) Drifting in ATTI mode will give you half way decent video while you wait.

Wrong wiring will result in this: http://youtu.be/iZkb1475Scg[/quote]

Terje, why didn't you have someone hold your Phantom up in the air by the landing skids when powering up to ensure it was going to climb straight up? When my son and I built his DJI F550, the first attempt resulted in it tipping over like yours.....the good news it tipped over into about 6" of fresh snow, so no damage. The person holding the landing skids can feel if it is pulling straight up or pulling to one side indicating a flip on takeoff will occur. If it is pulling to the side, then you can research what is wired wrong.....in my son's case some of the ESC's were not plugged in the right connectors even though DJI's build video said it didn't matter. But it did! Just a thought.

EricT said:

Terje, why didn't you have someone hold your Phantom up in the air by the landing skids when powering up to ensure it was going to climb straight up? When my son and I built his DJI F550, the first attempt resulted in it tipping over like yours.....the good news it tipped over into about 6" of fresh snow, so no damage. The person holding the landing skids can feel if it is pulling straight up or pulling to one side indicating a flip on takeoff will occur. If it is pulling to the side, then you can research what is wired wrong.....in my son's case some of the ESC's were not plugged in the right connectors even though DJI's build video said it didn't matter. But it did! Just a thought.[/quote]

I'd rather break 4 propellers, than somebodys face. As you can see from the video, once the phantom is trying to counter the imbalance by applying more thrust to the wrong set of propellers, it pretty much goes out of control. To me safe distance is key. 4 propellers cost me $48 (they are pricey in Denmark). Cutting up somebodys face can never be repaid...

Well...at least the problem looks to be identified. That's comforting, I don't have an Ohm meter, but I'll get one for the cost of a P2V and 400 dollar Gimbal. Ohhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Come on #463

Hi Keri,

A Big thank you for the update and reassuring us that the issues have been resolved!! Cross fingers no more issues. :)

I'm looking forward to the reading material and videos you're planning to make available next week so I can get myself prept before I receive my gimbal (#752).

In the meantime I've been watching videos from Pull_Ups Youtube site and they are really good. Thanks Simon!!

Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT