Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

streetcreep said:
Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. Please understand that we're moving as fast as possible to have things manufactured as consistently as possible. During the week, we realized that several of the manufacturing/assembly steps required very specific jigs to be produced in order to increase efficiency/repeatability, so we were set back a few days to sort these issues out.

So with you being away for several weeks what does this mean to ship dates ?

He indicated a set back of a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pretty funny how he's got hundreds of thousands of dollars from pre-orders and now all of a sudden he'll be in the Caribbean for "several weeks". :lol:

Uh oh :shock:

Sorry, just watched 'Runner Runner'. :p

iResq said:
streetcreep said:
Rotorpixel said:
Sorry for the delay, folks. Please understand that we're moving as fast as possible to have things manufactured as consistently as possible. During the week, we realized that several of the manufacturing/assembly steps required very specific jigs to be produced in order to increase efficiency/repeatability, so we were set back a few days to sort these issues out.

So with you being away for several weeks what does this mean to ship dates ?

He indicated a set back of a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

They had a set back of production a few days .. I was more asking is anything going to ship while Keri is away . or "several" weeks from now

The island of Dominica brings back fond memories as I spent 4 months down there as a volunteer in the spring of 1990, what a beautiful place to film.

I think back on all of my journeys through the decades in all of Europe, Russia, the whole of Mediterranean, Africa, the whole of the Caribbean and Central and South America and think if only I have my P2V!

Have fun!

Jre said:
Pretty funny how he's got hundreds of thousands of dollars from pre-orders and now all of a sudden he'll be in the Caribbean for "several weeks". :lol:

Uh oh :shock:

Sorry, just watched 'Runner Runner'. :p

Ha ha Keri who??????

I ordered and then changed my mind and cancelled. Why? Because we still haven't seen any aerial footage, which we should have had with the prototype as proof of concept. You've got one that obviously stabilizes the camera, as we see from the YouTube video on Rotorpixel.com. How hard is it to go outside and shoot a 2 minute video flying around your production facility?

And before you flame me, which is probably inevitable anyway, would you have purchased your Phantom Vision without videos showing it flying and aerial footage, and on just a forum post or tag line on DJI's website saying, "Oh yeah! It works great!" ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to cast aspersions here on Keri or anyone else's character. I just question the business model of something being in production assembly when there's no examples of performance.

babblin5 said:
I ordered and then changed my mind and cancelled. Why? Because we still haven't seen any aerial footage, which we should have had with the prototype as proof of concept. You've got one that obviously stabilizes the camera, as we see from the YouTube video on Rotorpixel.com. How hard is it to go outside and shoot a 2 minute video flying around your production facility?

And before you flame me, which is probably inevitable anyway, would you have purchased your Phantom Vision without videos showing it flying and aerial footage, and on just a forum post or tag line on DJI's website saying, "Oh yeah! It works great!" ?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to cast aspersions here on Keri or anyone else's character. I just question the business model of something being in production assembly when there's no examples of performance.

You have got good point it was only a matter of time before someone said what some people are starting to think

No flame from me, either.

From my point of view I know what the Vision camera quality is like, and I'm happy with it. I've seen the stability of the other gimbals rotorpixel make for GoPros, and I'm happy with that - I'm making an assumption that they won't trash their reputation by releasing something that's not up to standards, but that is an assumption (and I'm comforted that there are delays involved in shipping the first batch out due to getting things right in the production phase). The returns policy I agreed to at point of pre-order was fair and if the gimbal doesn't work, is full of jello, or is otherwise not up to standard out of the box when being used with my stock Vision then back it goes as per their own policy.

I think this design is slightly more conventional and "proven" than the dronexpert solution so I'm less concerned by seeing flight footage at this stage than I otherwise would be. I do however absolutely see why others wouldn't be.

Keri you should have uploaded that boring walk in the woods footage you mentioned! ;)

shaun27 said:
You have got good point it was only a matter of time before someone said what some people are starting to think

Again: NO FLAME! I use terms like claim etc. only because of the nature of the internet. Fact checking is very difficult.

When I read Dominica and several weeks yesterday, I looked the extradition treaty up :)
(http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/busine ... IMINAL-LAW) US and Spain.
I found a guy named Keri Wilk on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/KeriWilk), who claims to be from Mississauga, Ontario, and claims to have studied Mechanical Engineering at McMaster University.
I have looked at former designs. I have looked at http://www.rotorpixel.com. The claims stated on http://www.rotorpixel.com are very bold, I have earlier asked, how does it actually work? I have tried to build my own design, and it is no easy task.

I am now thinking: How much time must pass, for the various secure payments to go through, with no chance of refund? I have not ordered one myself, so I have no part in this, but maybe wait till there is a actual real life product?

Pull_Up said:
No flame from me, either.

From my point of view I know what the Vision camera quality is like, and I'm happy with it. I've seen the stability of the other gimbals rotorpixel make for GoPros, and I'm happy with that - I'm making an assumption that they won't trash their reputation by releasing something that's not up to standards, but that is an assumption (and I'm comforted that there are delays involved in shipping the first batch out due to getting things right in the production phase). The returns policy I agreed to at point of pre-order was fair and if the gimbal doesn't work, is full of jello, or is otherwise not up to standard out of the box when being used with my stock Vision then back it goes as per their own policy.

I think this design is slightly more conventional and "proven" than the dronexpert solution so I'm less concerned by seeing flight footage at this stage than I otherwise would be. I do however absolutely see why others wouldn't be.

Keri you should have uploaded that boring walk in the woods footage you mentioned! ;)

pull up if you look back to when I ask about the video footages I got shirty reply back basically say I was questioning the standard of they gimbals and he puy a video up but not of the one for the p2v

DKDarkness said:
shaun27 said:

Again: NO FLAME! I use terms like claim etc. only because of the nature of the internet. Fact checking is very difficult.

When I read Dominica and several weeks yesterday, I looked the extradition treaty up :)
(http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/busine ... IMINAL-LAW) US and Spain.
I found a guy named Keri Wilk on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/KeriWilk), who claims to be from Mississauga, Ontario, and claims to have studied Mechanical Engineering at McMaster University.
I have looked at former designs. I have looked at http://www.rotorpixel.com. The claims stated on http://www.rotorpixel.com are very bold, I have earlier asked, how does it actually work? I have tried to build my own design, and it is no easy task.

I am now thinking: How much time must pass, for the various secure payments to go through, with no chance of refund? I have not ordered one myself, so I have no part in this, but maybe wait till there is a actual real life product?

Gimbals is not Keri's only job ..lookup reefnet.ca. There is good reason for the trip ..it is what he does so lets not worry about that .
Cheers

Well, today is an important test -- the ship list that was promised "this week" I think I read? There's no reason for RP not to do that. If I had one on order I think I'd be worried with the only contact from the company having gone away for several weeks, and a simple target (the list) not met.

Let me see if I have the plot straight. You start a small company building gimbles for a very tiny niche market. You make sure your business has a good reputation by building a quality product. Then you design the ultimate scam, a phoney gimbal for submarket of the already small market.tl Then you take a hundred twenty thousand dollars or so in deposits, clearly enough money to live a life of a king in the Caribbean for the rest of your life. Next you announce to the world when and where you're going. Yup, we should have seen it from the start. We've been duped by one of the greatest criminal minds of our generation.

First post on this thread as I am dispassionate observer as I believe the camera does not deserve a gimbal ;). However I also find it very strange that there has been no footage posted. The company must have extensive footage from pre-production models and also if they are worth their salt they should have tested some of the production run - say one in five or ten just to make sure the production was consistent. So, there is plenty of footage around so the only explanation must be the one given, which is that the subject matter/content is not up to their artistic level.

Have to admit I nearly spat my cornflakes out when I read he was going for a long break to Dominica :)

grochester said:
We've been duped by one of the greatest criminal minds of our generation.

Attachments

• 1-Gru-Minions-Plane.jpg
    1-Gru-Minions-Plane.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 494

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164