Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

brushlesheaven said:
What is the length of this antenna please?

Scottrod said:
Pull_Up said:
Exactly. However, the dronexpert gimbal uses a similar mounting point and there haven't been any reports I've seen of people suffering degraded wifi to any major degree with that one. You might find you lose signal at distance if you point the motor side at the range extender versus pointing the unblocked side, but until they get into the real world we won't know. If you look at the thread on here where people are stretching the wifi range towards 4km :!: then you've got the option to add an antenna mounted to the skids taking a pigtail from inside the camera to the outside, for example - this could allow you to get lots of range using the gimbal...

I agree. If there is any loss for FVP distance it will be negligible. I have already added a 9dbi omni-directional antenna to my wifi repeater and I'm getting around 3,500ft (1070 meters for you red coats :lol: ). I don't know the exact distance for sure because the distance goes to N/A after 3,300. I am tempted to try adding an external antenna on the camera as well but with these results I don't see the need. Plus if I added an external antenna on the camera it would probably not fit in my case unless removed.

u5uhene6.jpg

All I know is I'm super excited for the Rotorpixel gimbal. The only other thing I would like in the future is possibly a larger mah (milli-amp hour) battery...if that's even possible.

Geez I really derailed this thread.

It's a 9dbi antenna. Not sure of the length. It's big and black. :lol:

I'm sorry but I have gone off the deep end laughing uncontrollably for at least the last 5 minutes.

Will this repeater antenna mod help with FPV range without the other antennae mods?

Will this repeater antenna mod help with FPV range without the other antennae mods?

Maybe you buys should leave the antenna talk in the antenna threads
This really has nothing to do with the gimbal

If you read the more powerful repeater thread it has all this info and more

You can get the mini U-fl to rp-Sma for 5 bucks and that antenna is 5 bucks as we'll
If you want to spend 15 go for it

mr_3_0_5 said:
Maybe you buys should leave the antenna talk in the antenna threads
This really has nothing to do with the gimbal

If you read the more powerful repeater thread it has all this info and more

You can get the mini U-fl to rp-Sma for 5 bucks and that antenna is 5 bucks as we'll
If you want to spend 15 go for it

+1. Go to the more powerful repeater thread or PM me if you have questions.

AnselA said:
Scottrod said:
It comes with an SMA hook up.

Are the connectors like these?

cable-adaptador-sma-hembra-a-ipx-ufl-113-pigtail-15-cm-4864-MLM4938104453_082013-O.jpg
This connector is female, you need male, I believe,
even though others said it is correct for this application.

Keri,
When will you start shipping? We are all anxious. How many are being built daily. I am sure that your material orders are already in for all orders you received and I can bet you're receiving more everyday. It would be nice to see a video of one in action. Is that possible? Have you made any more modification that we should know about? Is a third axis going to be available? How about a mount for a sony rx100m2? So many questions. Don't answer if it means stopping productions.

Thanks
Allan

I really don't understand why there's no video of one in action ??
I would like to buy one. , but I would like to see a video of it flying.

I think because Keri is waiting for the first production batch to be ready to actually show a production gimbal in action, rather than a prototype. This is both frustrating (we want to see!) but good that the results shown should be exactly what end-users should expect to get. We also don't know if he is going to add the modified dampers he talked about to the production run, so there might be some tweaking of those going on to get them just right.

All speculation, though, because he's gone quiet as he and the team are putting together 100 gimbals by hand non-stop!

I'm sure They've tested this's over and over. And I'm sure your not going to go into production and accept preorders unless you have pretty much the way you want it. So why not share some videos with us ? There's so many guys who buy stuff sight unseen and start praising stuff before its even out.
Rotorpixel might be the best gimbal out there , I hope so , but I'm not going to order or praise it till I at least see it in action.

Mori55 said:
I'm sure They've tested this's over and over. And I'm sure your not going to go into production and accept preorders unless you have pretty much the way you want it. So why not share some videos with us ? There's so many guys who buy stuff sight unseen and start praising stuff before its even out.
Rotorpixel might be the best gimbal out there , I hope so , but I'm not going to order or praise it till I at least see it in action.

What's great is that you don't have to! I believe that Keri has currently more business than he can handle. Sit back, relax, those of us on the list will report our results for your entertainment.

RemE said:
Mori55 said:

What's great is that you don't have to! I believe that Keri has currently more business than he can handle. Sit back, relax, those of us on the list will report our results for your entertainment.

Ha! Like we did with the Vision back in late October/early November... :D Some of us are just gluttons for punishment/like to be on the cutting edge [delete as applicable] ;)

But Keri has said they hope to start getting orders out end of this week, so I would imagine there'll be an "official" video very soon closely followed by some real-world videos from those who ponied up for express shipping!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT