Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Anyone notice that in the video the black plastic case seems to cover the "Antenna inside. Do not cover" part of the camera?

I thought in the newest version the antenna area was cut out also how will the tilt be controlled ?

Keri
When is very soon today, tomorrow, the next day, March ???????
Oh bollocks I'm going to bed it's 01:46 here in the UK save me a pre order cheers Keri !
Glen.

Pull_Up said:
Is no news good news?! Still, I'd rather it be late and right...

(Although they've never committed to a date, so it can't really be late :) )

+1. I agree. I am anxious for it but would rather have it manufactured with no bugs. I like the design of the Rotopixel better than the Dronexpert so far from what I've seen.

Phoned a friend and he said the RF frequency should pass through the ABS plastic without much resistance/loss. He said this is also dependent on the pigment used for color as well. I'm sure rotorpixel has tested and wouldn't sell us something with a sub par pass through but they have been awful quite regarding this little but big detail. I may hold off until they release some specs on distance or until some guinea pigs have had a chance to post their review.

Rotorpixel said:
djayz said:
Ok silly question perhaps but WHY is this gimbal black colored when it's specifically designed for the phantom vision which is all White???? It would have been far better as white to blend in with the visions design. Otherwise it looks awesome but I think it should definitely be white!

drone4me said:
I had the impression it was going to be white.

Alright, alright, alright, FINE.... you can have your fancy white.... :D

I actually prefer the black, but it seems as if the people have spoken!

Am I missing something I thought he made it like this
Picture is on page 16

The signal should pass right through like it does with the plastic of the camera enclosure itself. That is if there aren't some wired properties to the pigment or other additives being used in the ABS plastic.

This is just what I'm being told from a friend who is familiar with this stuff. Rotorpixel, If I'm off base please respond and set us straight. Thanks!

The photo of the white version of the ball cam holder shows the side is cut out over the antenna area. This gimbal is one elegant design! I'm still waiting to see the wiring, the camera cable in particular is not that flexible and the video shows it in use which surprised me as I'd expected them to use a thin cable there. Guess we'll see!

RemE said:
The photo of the white version of the ball cam holder shows the side is cut out over the antenna area. This gimbal is one elegant design! I'm still waiting to see the wiring, the camera cable in particular is not that flexible and the video shows it in use which surprised me as I'd expected them to use a thin cable there. Guess we'll see!

Rotorpixel said:
In the meantime, we are also having small custom PCBs and 4-conductor A/V cables rush-manufactured which will accept the white cable from the Phantom, split power off of it to the gimbal, and extend a thin flexible cable to the Vision camera.

Keri

UPDATE TIME!

As many of you have seen already, we've updated http://www.rotorpixel.com, including a flamboyant pre-order button, which many have noticed is not an active link yet... sorry for the tease, everyone! I'm working on the actual product page right now, so hopefully it'll finally be up tomorrow.

We're trying to be extra careful that people understand the timeline that we're working with. While we'll be receiving metal parts from the CNC shop next week, we are setting up an assembly facility where they can be put together as quickly as possible. While we're setting up a new facility, we'll be slogging through the assembly process ourselves until proper production is up to speed. While we're making them ourselves by hand, there will be a finite number of units that we're able to ship each week, so until we're up to speed, there will some delay in orders shipping. We've got a list of over 300 people who have expressed interest in purchasing this gimbal, so some patience will be required... but, as they say, good things come to those who wait! :D

And, to answer the nagging questions about FPV range and the placement of the motor... We haven't conducted proper tests with/without the gimbal, so we don't have conclusive information yet, hence the lack of responses about it. However, I can tell you that yesterday I sent one up almost 400 feet, and still had perfect video signal. There have been a few times when the video freezes temporarily, but all other information is still being sent/received by wi-fi (including starting/stopping recording, taking photos, tilting the camera, and all telemetry info), which indicates to me that it may be an inherent problem with the camera, rather than as a result of wi-fi interruption. I've had this happen with the camera in its standard mount as well. But, in any case, these hiccups are a very minor inconvenience, as they can be almost immediately rectified by touching the "back" button, then clicking back on the camera icon.... everything then works perfectly again.

Also, the ABS is not a concern of ours at all. The metal motor with magnets are more of a concern, but even still, we haven't noticed a difference i transmission distance, but we haven't done proper tests yet to claim this with certainty.

brushlesheaven said:
KERI,
why do I see my town name ( Toronto ) on the top left corner of the page with your new gimbal for P2V?
Thanks
Robert

I live in Mississauga! Hooray for locals! Come check one of the gimbals out in person, if you'd like!

CUE JEALOUS REACTIONS :D

Morgan 1983 said:
How does one get on the list for the first batch? ....

Give Keri your first-born, the deeds to your property, your soul, twice the retail value, your wife... the usual thing where demand far outstrips supply!

I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of emails in their inbox and a lot of hitting refresh on their homepage over the next 24 hours (I know I've been doing both ;) )

Thanks for the update. I was hoping you guys would've announced the exact price by now but I guess I'll wait like everyone else. :geek:

DronePeter said:
Pull_Up said:
I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of emails in their inbox and a lot of hitting refresh on their homepage over the next 24 hours (I know I've been doing both ;) )

Omg, don't you have anything better to do?

Looks like a 10 year old boy.
Pathetic.

:lol:

Easy there, DP, slagging someone off via a forum ain't far off a ten year olds behaviour IMO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT