Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Have been running it since it came out and I have not had any issue's with it but have read were some have . Don't know if it's the update or what but that's up to you if ya wanta do it Squid . I did play with both and really didn't see just what it changed but I don't live in a no fly zone ;)
Dirkclod got a question for you, installed the Rotorpixel gimbal last night was working good put it in the case this morning go to try it out turned on wifi extender turned on controller turned on copter connect to phantom on phone turn on dji app connects can see picture from camera but gimbal just hangs there, got red and green lights flashing on the back but gimbal doesnt move just hangs there and suggestions, was working great when I put it away last night

I suppose I could try. Is this RPG profile installed to the Phantom or to the RotorPixel?
The RPG profile is installed to the the rotorpixel board, the one that you installed. You need a usb to micro usb cable and there is a micro usb port on the rp controller board at the side, the right side if you are looking at the phantom.

Dirkclod got a question for you, installed the Rotorpixel gimbal last night was working good put it in the case this morning go to try it out turned on wifi extender turned on controller turned on copter connect to phantom on phone turn on dji app connects can see picture from camera but gimbal just hangs there, got red and green lights flashing on the back but gimbal doesnt move just hangs there and suggestions, was working great when I put it away last night
OK...remember that this is new to me too but I had this happen this morning also and have been flying trying it out and trying to tune it in .
I came back in and took out the battery and put it back in and all was well then .
Not really sure what caused this as it was the first time this has happened but it started right up after that . :eek: ;)

Hey Squiddley..
Try turning on the phantom first and see if the gimbal orientates itself without the transmitter on(give it a bit of time). If the gimbal orientates itself turn on the transmitter and see if the gimbal goes limp. I have had the same problem and I think that it is associated with the firmware in the transmitter. I bought the new transmitter with the gimbal wheel on the top left and I am having no problems since pairing the new transmitter to the phantom.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey Squiddley..
Try turning on the phantom first and see if the gimbal orientates itself without the transmitter on(give it a bit of time). If the gimbal orientates itself turn on the transmitter and see if the gimbal goes limp. I have had the same problem and I think that it is associated with the firmware in the transmitter. I bought the new transmitter with the gimbal wheel on the top left and I am having no problems since pairing the new transmitter to the phantom.
Same one I have .

Will try that if it happens again ;)

Tried turning on just the phantom and it doesn't do anything just hangs there what colour are the lights supposed to be on the back of the board when it's working right my red one is flashing as well as the green... What is the little button on the board for?

Tried turning on just the phantom and it doesn't do anything just hangs there what colour are the lights supposed to be on the back of the board when it's working right my red one is flashing as well as the green... What is the little button on the board for?
the button on the back of the board is a reset button. The button is used to reset/calibrate the gimbal location ie. the IMU parameters. During the calibration procedure you only press it once. If you keep the button pressed in you will lose the RP parameters on the board.

That's for resetting it and let me find that post and will put it here . I thought it was in that video I put you on but must not have been >

How should the lights flash on the board I'm assuming green should be solid is red suppose to flash
Hey Squid .... we going back and forth with this in 2 different threads on RPG's . Lets just stay in one as this is getting confusing as hell to me . Listen to Ranger as he has way more knowledge with these then me !! ;) ............at the moment o_O Hey Ranger ..
just kidding.jpg
;)

Sorry guys posting from my phone and it's screwing where im posting to
Not a problem bro wish they would merge these 2 together :)

well think I got it figured out I turned on the phantom first and nothing gimbal just sat there waited for a bit and nothing, then turned on wife extender and then the controller, gimbal jittered for a second or so them aligned itself and now everything seems to be working okay again, anyone know what caused this to happen

I'm reading but not getting involved, serious stuff going on which could be coming my way when I receive mine, learning curve for all.

Squiddley, your the guinea pig so it looks like I'm going to be learning from your teething problems, it will all get sorted out, soooooo many experienced people here to help us out.

Good luck my friend.

I'm reading but not getting involved, serious stuff going on which could be coming my way when I receive mine, learning curve for all.

Squiddley, your the guinea pig so it looks like I'm going to be learning from your teething problems, it will all get sorted out, soooooo many experienced people here to help us out.

Good luck my friend.
HEY PORKEY....he not no guinea pig... he's dancing and we both learning ! See
white_chicken_stay_cool_animated_avatar_100x100_90573.gif
;)

Reactions: Clampit

Good luck my friend.
Got the gimble workin mint now Clampit, just finished balancing the gimble and she seems to work good, hope you get yours soon, if ya have any troubles let me know, Ill try and help with what I learned so far.....take care,, happy flyin :)

HEY PORKEY....he not no guinea pig... he's dancing and we both learning ! See View attachment 17763 ;)

Lol dirkclod, there you go my new nickname. ;)
pig_insult_animated_avatar_100x100_64886.gif

Got the gimble workin mint now Clampit, just finished balancing the gimble and she seems to work good, hope you get yours soon, if ya have any troubles let me know, Ill try and help with what I learned so far.....take care,, happy flyin :)

Glad all seems good now with yours, so was it just a balancing issue?
Have you got a lens filter kit attached? 1st flight on its way then?

Fingers crossed this will be me next week when I get mine. We have a bank holiday weekend next week so if all goes accordingly to plan I'll have a nice long weekend to fly & play with my new toy.

Last edited:
Hope we've got some good weather next weekend. Bank Holiday weekends are normally wet :(

Lol dirkclod, there you go my new nickname. ;)
pig_insult_animated_avatar_100x100_64886.gif

Glad all seems good now with yours, so was it just a balancing issue?
Have you got a lens filter kit attached? 1st flight on its way then?

Fingers crossed this will be me next week when I get mine. We have a bank holiday weekend next week so if all goes accordingly to plan I'll have a nice long weekend to fly & play with my new toy.
Ya seems like it was just a balancing issue I just followed the video I just put a mark with a felt pen on the 2 plates where the screws go that you adjust just to have a guide as to how much I actually moved it one way or the other, seemed to work for me didnt have to move it to much now the gimbal stays wherever I put it and when I shut it off it stays level now instead of flipping to one side, no did my first flight already, have flown around 4 times already getting better and braver everytime I go out cant wait to try it with the gimbal havent flown with it yet maybe this weekend if it doesnt rain

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94