Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Okay... SOMEBODY had to write post number 5,000 for this topic... :D

I'm very happy with my RPG at this point and I'm waiting impatiently for the third axis upgrade... :D

-slinger

Congratulations gunslinger, have a balloon! :D :lol:

Please help..
Something happened to my vision camera, and now its fried. Instead of getting a new vision camera, id like to use my gopro hero 3 instead. Problem is, the mounting bracket included in the RP is specific for the vision cam. The rotorpixel store has no gopro mount for sale (although they do mention gopro compatibility on their home page). Can someone pls point me in the right directioN as to how i can mount my gopro on my rotorpixel? And if i do find a way to mount the gopro, how will i get the video to show on my smartphone when the RP jack is not compatible? Thank you thank you for any help

This is not natively compatible. The Go Pro could be mounted with the right bracket but for FPV there's a problem. The Go Pro uses the same frequency used by the Phantom Vision. Normally, for a Go Pro one would use a Phantom non- vision. That way the frequencies would match up. In that setup you still have to add the FPV equipment.

In a Phantom 2Vision you would have to replace the receiver with one from a non vision and then the transmitter. Then, you still have to add the FPV gear. It's really more trouble than just starting with the right model perhaps you could sell the P2V without a camera, sell the Rotorpixel, and then buy a Phantom 2 non-vision and add the Go Pro and FPV gear.
when I bought my P2V my neighbor bought the P2 and had the dealer set it up for his Go Pro. Even though he had the camera he spent more on the P2 with FPV setup them mine with the Rotorpixel.

Geo

Geoelectro said:
This is not natively compatible. The Go Pro could be mounted with the right bracket but for FPV there's a problem. The Go Pro uses the same frequency used by the Phantom Vision. Normally, for a Go Pro one would use a Phantom non- vision. That way the frequencies would match up. In that setup you still have to add the FPV equipment.

In a Phantom 2Vision you would have to replace the receiver with one from a non vision and then the transmitter. Then, you still have to add the FPV gear. It's really more trouble than just starting with the right model perhaps you could sell the P2V without a camera, sell the Rotorpixel, and then buy a Phantom 2 non-vision and add the Go Pro and FPV gear.
when I bought my P2V my neighbor bought the P2 and had the dealer set it up for his Go Pro. Even though he had the camera he spent more on the P2 with FPV setup them mine with the Rotorpixel.

Geo

The p2V controller is 5.8 ghz, the f200 is 2.4ghz. Gopro wifi will not interfere with P2V remote/receiver [tested]

For true FPV, use external 2.4ghz FPV equipment on the P2V.

DKDarkness said:
The p2V controller is 5.8 ghz, the f200 is 2.4ghz. Gopro wifi will not interfere with P2V remote/receiver [tested]

For true FPV, use external 2.4ghz FPV equipment on the P2V.

Ah, very good!

Geo

I got some Vision + landing legs for use with the RPG. These will give about 1cm height difference over the normal Vision legs, and the whole thing should look normal when they're attached.

Cyclone said:
I got some Vision + landing legs for use with the RPG. These will give about 1cm height difference over the normal Vision legs, and the whole thing should look normal when they're attached.

I was thinking about doing this too, but realised that my craft would no longer fit in my case, so have kept original legs, but thinking now about making my own clip on extensions. :|

Would you mind posting a picture of how it looks like with Vision + legs please?
Thanks

Cyclone said:

I will when it's mended lol

I had an accident this morning putting the legs on. I sliced off one of the antenna's. Hopefully fixed in a few days.

Went to our LHS and got one set of landing gear for P2V+ to be installed on my P2V
The height is perfect for my Rotorpixel ver 1.0 set up...
Will install over the weekend...

brushlesheaven said:
Would you mind posting a picture of how it looks like with Vision + legs please?
Thanks

Cyclone said:

Attachments

• IMG_20150226_165909_edit (2).jpg
    IMG_20150226_165909_edit (2).jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 335
Electric Warrior said:
Cyclone said:

I was thinking about doing this too, but realised that my craft would no longer fit in my case, so have kept original legs, but thinking now about making my own clip on extensions. :|

Here is a quick solution, not sure you can get the parts any longer though.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/ExM2PEtq0a0[/youtube]

RCRookie said:
Electric Warrior said:
Cyclone said:

Here is a quick solution, not sure you can get the parts any longer though.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/ExM2PEtq0a0[/youtube]

Thanks for that link, such a simple but effective solution. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl