Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Happyflyer said:
I did the "camera all the way down" mod some time ago. That made holes in the top back of the camera. That is where I ran my thin wires out of the camera and it works well. You can see them below.

Managed to get it all back together. The cable comes out half way down the ear. Test flight tomorrow to see if it made any difference :-0

Attachments

• 20150121_205744.jpg
    20150121_205744.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 365
Lew40 said:
Managed to get it all back together. The cable comes out half way down the ear. Test flight tomorrow to see if it made any difference
Does the other one come out the other side or did you only do one antenna?

Happyflyer said:
Lew40 said:
Managed to get it all back together. The cable comes out half way down the ear. Test flight tomorrow to see if it made any difference
Does the other one come out the other side or did you only do one antenna?

At the moment I only have the one side done. Bought 2 new gold SP antennas and should be getting them this Friday. As soon as they arrive yes I'll be doing the same on the other side. Hopefully be getting over 2 miles FPV . Already getting 11000ft remote :)

Looks good. Be sure there is a tracker on it.

Just bought one today :) The same as yours RF-V16. Not getting it till mid February though :-(

Got my RotorPixel gimbal about two months ago, today was the first chance I had to fly due to very cold weather.

Previously, after install, I had held the Phantom by hand indoors and wobbled it back and forth and the RotorPixel gimbal worked just fine.

Today I go out to fly it for the first time, gimbal works fine when I power up Phantom and wobble by hand. I go to take off and immediately crash into a bush 3 feet off the ground because of operator disorientation (short explanation). (I have flown the Phantom hundreds of times before, not a rookie)

Replaced two blades that got whacked by the branches of bush, powered up, all looks fine, gimbal not working. I checked all wires, disconnected, reconnected, nothing. Camera still working and recording, just gimbal won't respond at all now.

Any ideas?

Did you calibrate the Vision after installation?

It was the first thing I did to mine when I installed my RP.

Cyclone said:
Did you calibrate the Vision after installation?

It was the first thing I did to mine when I installed my RP.
It was also the first thing that I did when I installed. As I said, it worked before it didn't work.

Any other ideas?

Just to let you know that the camera does still actually work after the operation it had last night :)

The jello has also been sorted. I removed the 2 sponge ear plugs I had there and the video is steady as a rock. Very very happy :)

The issue I had with the jumping camera has also been sorted. All I done was tie strap a couple of the cables and hey presto.

Very very happy with the results.

Just to add - I managed to get 6560ft/2000m with full FPV in high quality, another test tomorrow with the new antennas, aiming to get 11480ft/3500m :)

Plus I'm still getting 19 mins with all the kit on, see what my 6000mah gets me.

mcurrier said:
I guess this forum died...

Nope... Didn't die. The drama did, though... Since Keri can now actually deliver the product within a reasonable time span. There's still a Rotorpixel technical topic out there somewhere if you need help with the product. Otherwise... I'd suggest browsing through this voluminous topic, making up your mind and either buying it or not. :D

If you do... Hop on the Rotorpixel technical topic (or whatever it's called... that's close, though) and be enlightened by the illuminati... I have one of these gimbals and highly recommend it. Well thought out, well designed and well made...

-slinger

I've been out of town and my Rotorpixel came in the mail. Looking forward to getting everything installed today. I've had my Vision for over a month now and unfortunately for flight...nothing has changed.

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain

gunslinger said:
mcurrier said:

Nope... Didn't die. The drama did, though... Since Keri can now actually deliver the product within a reasonable time span. There's still a Rotorpixel technical topic out there somewhere if you need help with the product. Otherwise... I'd suggest browsing through this voluminous topic, making up your mind and either buying it or not. :D

If you do... Hop on the Rotorpixel technical topic (or whatever it's called... that's close, though) and be enlightened by the illuminati... I have one of these gimbals and highly recommend it. Well thought out, well designed and well made...

-slinger

Have one already. Can't get it to work. $400 paperweight.

mcurrier said:
gunslinger said:
mcurrier said:

-slinger

Have one already. Can't get it to work. $400 paperweight.

What's it not doing?

-slinger

After install, I had held the Phantom by hand indoors and wobbled it back and forth and the RotorPixel gimbal worked just fine.

Today I go out to fly it for the first time, gimbal works fine when I power up Phantom and wobble by hand. I go to take off and immediately crash into a bush 3 feet off the ground.

Replaced two blades that got whacked by the branches of bush, powered up, all looks fine, gimbal not working. I checked all wires, disconnected, reconnected...nothing. Camera still working and recording, Phantom flies fine, just gimbal won't respond at all now.

Any ideas?

mcurrier said:
After install, I had held the Phantom by hand indoors and wobbled it back and forth and the RotorPixel gimbal worked just fine.

Today I go out to fly it for the first time, gimbal works fine when I power up Phantom and wobble by hand. I go to take off and immediately crash into a bush 3 feet off the ground.

Replaced two blades that got whacked by the branches of bush, powered up, all looks fine, gimbal not working. I checked all wires, disconnected, reconnected...nothing. Camera still working and recording, Phantom flies fine, just gimbal won't respond at all now.

Any ideas?

No idea, really. You've disconnected and reconnected the power lead going to the gimbals control board? It almost sounds like you're not getting power to that board. The camera is still working, so the other cabling seems to be fine. I'd check that cable to be sure it's connected properly and that the crash didn't break a connection on the board...

Just thinking out loud here, but that's where I'd start. I doubt both gimbal motors died at the same time, so the finger seems to point at the controller board. I'd guess that it has no power or that it needs to be replaced.

-slinger

Getting a new controller board from RotorPixel as that seems to be the consensus from everyone I have consulted with.

mcurrier said:
Getting a new controller board from RotorPixel as that seems to be the consensus from everyone I have consulted with.

I'm thinking that'll solve it for you. Please keep us updated...

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
mcurrier said:

I'm thinking that'll solve it for you. Please keep us updated...

Thanks...
-slinger

Will do. Still waiting to hear back from Keri about getting a new board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94