Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Diner21959 said:
Plan on waiting a very very very loooong time!!!! They got issues!

Well, I am not sure to which "issues" you are referring other than having to wait for your shipment as I had to, but my RP that I received back in April is working flawlessly.

They are having delivery issues due to a sourcing concern which is causing a bottleneck which has prevented them from shipping any product at all. I would call that an issue...no?

Diner21959 said:
They are having delivery issues due to a sourcing concern which is causing a bottleneck which has prevented them from shipping any product at all. I would call that an issue...no?

I agree....your first post was non-specific so I wasn't sure if you meant there was an issue with all RP's. Thanks for the clarification.

I am truly amazed that Rotorpixel has not updated their website nor Facebook page to show the new design that is actually shipping! Great marketing! (Sarcasm)

sounds good

Attachments

• news 1.JPG
    news 1.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 442
  • news.JPG
    news.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 482
  • motor.JPG
    motor.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 440
Geert said:
Looks nice.

Hopefully Rotorpixel is also working on the 3axis upgrade kit.

Since they have just received 400 CNC machined arms, that will not be useable for a 3-axis gimbal, I wouldn't hold my breath. A replacement mount for the GoPro Hero 3 would be nice and achievable though.

So I now have a gimbal with the old heavier motors, and the old brittle cradle and the old longer vertical frame which means I have to fly with bits of pipe fitted to my skids. Morale boosting news... :arrow:

Seahorse said:
So I now have a gimbal with the old heavier motors, and the old brittle cradle and the old longer vertical frame which means I have to fly with bits of pipe fitted to my skids. Morale boosting news... :arrow:

No, you just get 2 turnigy brushless motors from hobbyking and your BaseCam controller from your RotorPixel gimbal, and put it in the MotorPixie frame you printed off Thingiverse ;-)

So... Rotorpixel is finally going to injection molding. Nice... That should kill the 3d printing bottleneck, insure better and lighter product with much better repeatability and quicker manufacturing rates...

With their newer, smaller, lighter, stronger configuration... maybe it's finally time for me to order... no? :) :D :lol: :roll:

-slinger

What will need to be upgraded, to raise the Camera up?
I see the motors are a smaller profile, they look nice. The upgraded motors alone WON`T raise the Camera off the ground, so will Rotorpixel provide existing users (purchasers) with an "upgrade kit" with CNC frame and motors ?

Will there be a third axis with the same CNC aluminum frame the RP came with ?... or will that need to be changed too?

Really like the RP so far...I'm getting some 'stuttering' sometimes when Camera tilt is traveling full down...but not every time. Any one know if that's cable routing or is it settings?

I followed the original pitch gain settings in the installation instructions, so nothing has changed.

Thanks,

The Rookie

Thanks for the responses. I felt it might be a cable issue. Will run some more tests.

It seems Keri is still working hard to fill orders...How or when will he ever find time to "create" upgrade kits... if that's the route he intends to go?

Anything to reduce weight is a good thing, and worth a little more investment for me. But I would like to know 'before' I chose to upgrade, if the 3rd axis upgrade will work with the New CNC Frame...or the old one?

Keri should try to give us some idea of development timeframes and options.

Thanks,

The Rookie

Geert said:
Waiting since April 24th is a very long time.
I always could contact him through his website.
Good luck and hope you will get your gimbal soon.

Geert.

This is now beyond any acceptance, since I GOT NO REPLY FROM ROTORPIXEL, AFTER MORE THAN 2 MONTHS TO DELIVER MY ORDER AND 4 1/2 MONTHS AFTER MY ORDER.

Geert, are you the one who has Kery's phone number? Can you please send it by PM? As you can verify, this is really really important. This could happen to anyone of you making orders to Rotorpixel.

Anyone, please, send me Kery's phone number.

This is wayyyy too much to bare....

I'll tell you what...

All these stories about people waiting since April... and some since February.. Is what's keeping me from ordering a RP to be honest.

It's easier for folks that already have their RP to say, "be patient." But just looking at it from an objective/consumer perspective, that is an incredibly long time to wait by any standard. Over promise and under deliver is not a good image.

So are the new bits going to be made available as an upgrade kit ?

:roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl